Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Front Lounge, Parliament St

• 05-09-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Today I was looking at an apartment on Parliament St with a view to buy. Apartment is fine, but I see that it's directly above The Front Lounge which I find out is a 'Gay-Friendly Pub'. Midweek is said to be very busy with Karaoke on the Tuesday and live jazz on Wednesday. There also are complaints that the music is consistently too loud. I'll need to be up at reasonable hours for college. There is another floor between the living area and the bedrooms and triple glazed windows to all intents and purposes.

Is it a late bar every night of the week? Would you live above it? Any chance they're planning to turn it into a bookshop in the near future?

Comments

I live near it. It is nothing compared to Thomas Reads. My apt overlooks Thomas Reads, and boy, thats loud during the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I've just moved out of an apartment in there (was renting in The Cutlers) and was there for 6 months till the 1st Sept.

Can tell ya that there wasnt too much problem with noise. Sure it was loud at the weekends but during the week it wasnt too bad. I was on the 4th floor though so that may make a difference. If it's getting up for college you're worried about then dont be, you wont be going in anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

what has the fact that it is a well known gay friendly place got to do with anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I used to live on camden st so as you can imagine, quite loud all week (back in the good auld times)! and talk about ambulances!!

Anyway, after about a month I didn't notice it at all! it just faded into the background of city sounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Jay D wrote: »
    what has the fact that it is a well known gay friendly place got to do with anything?

He's asking about the noise levels - there could be an issue with screaming queens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement