Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Modules ... Easy or tough electives .. Advice PLEASE??

Options
  • 05-09-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Has anyone done either of these:

Psychosocial Perspectives for Health (Interpersonal relationships and self-development) (NURS20060)

A Social History of Irish Healthcare (NURS10090)

What are your opinions ... are they easy enough? My friend had hoped to do Intro to Massage & was really looking forward to it but didn't get it & is now looking for alternative. She is in 3rd Arts doing Irish & History so will have a lot of writing & exams and is looking for something less timeconsuming & taxing. What about the languages either?

I know people are getting fed up with elective questions but your opinions/suggestions would be really appreciated as everything she'd really like is now gone or clashes!!!! Like so many others!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

hey,
    im doing midwifery and according to one of the lecturers(think thats what she is:confused:) a social history of irish healthcare is a tough one. most people are saying health across the lifespan is an easier one so maybe she should have a look into that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭mickydi

Thanks ... She did look in to that one ... it includes doing a Poster I think (& she's really good at that stuff too) but it clashes with compulsory lectures!!! She's at wits end trying to find something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

yeah its a pain when that happens alright:rolleyes:
    most the electives i wanted to do clashed too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Health Across The Lifespan ftw. Your examination is making a poster...

Too late now though, but defo keep it in mind for next year.

Thanks but as I said she tried for that one but it clashes!! Unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pambi

A Social History of Irish Healthcare (NURS10090) is definately the easier of the two. The exam at the end of the year is an MCQ which really isn't too hard to get a good grade in. Your friend should find the lectures interesting enough, especially as she's doing history already.

Psychosocial Perspectives for Health (Interpersonal relationships and self-development) (NURS20060) isn't a bad elective to pick either, but it will take more time and effort as there are a few papers that need to be handed up at the end of the semester.

I'd go with the history one :)

Thanks ... I'll pass this on. Hopefully she'll get on something that she's kind of happy with soon She's really getting frustrated now & thinks she's going to be left doing something she has no interest in & hates ... probably with hefty enough workload too!!!!

Advertisement