Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc for Adobe Premier CS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Id suggest a custom build. It'll work out a good bit cheaper and you'll have a more powerful machine. I could even build you one myself. I built my own machine which I use for all my video editing, audio recording, 3d modelling and rendering and its lightning quick.

Just a quick example...

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ie/en/ho/WF06b/12454-12454-3329740-64546-64546-3953004-3988218.html

Thats a high end machine from HP that would do the job very nicely. They have it up for €1273. I could build you the same machine for €1000 or if you wanted to spend the full €1273 I could build you an even more powerful machine. Not just me either, ask around you'll find a ton of people around who know their stuff and could build you a faster more powerful and cheaper option. Custom builds are the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Splinters wrote: »
    Id suggest a custom build.........

Agreed. You can buy all the parts on Komplett.ie and review videos on youtube for how to do it.

I'm building mine when win 7 - 64bit comes out in october with icore7 as the processor. Will be upgrading to CS4. HD on my current machine with cs3 chugs along at a snails pace

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Thanks for the replies.
    I will be looking to use a 64 bit os.
    Reece,what area of video work are you involved with??

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

If you want to use 4 or more gigs of ram then youll actually have to use a 64bit OS. 32bit addressing can only see 3.2 (or maybe 3.3 gigs or ram). Im using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and Ive had no problems with it at all.

texanman wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.
    I will be looking to use a 64 bit os.
    Reece,what area of video work are you involved with??

Mainly corporate - but only on the side - IT head by day. starting to dabble in HD, SD did me fine until now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

www.overclockers.co.uk

I have a titan goliath specific for HD work and CS4 apps e.t.c

HALF the price of what your looking at,

TWICE as good.

Just choose when to buy it carefully since week by week the price changes, The componants change and the overclocked CPU Ghz changes to :)

PS your CRAZY to attempt to spend money on a non custom pc.

Iv been using/building custom pc's since I was 13 years old, and none of them have ever given me hardware failures.

Im still using my second build which is now currently 7 years old and packs more of a punch then any standard dell thesedays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

doesnt premiere need some sort of special proccesser?

Bob Z wrote: »
    doesnt premiere need some sort of special proccesser?

No, but it will make user of multi-core processors

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Rang overclockers.They said the
    "Ultima Vanquish" Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz @ 3.80GHz Quad Core DDR3 System

would do the job

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-065-OE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

reece wrote: »
    No, but it will make user of multi-core processors

Premiere 2 didnt work on my pc because of the processer

• Advertisement

Bob Z wrote: »
    Premiere 2 didnt work on my pc because of the processer

Yeah - ppro 2 required SSE2-enabled processor for AMD systems.

Advertisement