Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband recommendations for Cork City.

• 05-09-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Hi all, recently moved in with the girlfriend in North side of Cork City (North Ring Road area), they have absolute rubbish broadband which doesn't even reach 1mb on speedtests.

Therefore I must upgrade, thinking UPC 20mb but not sure how good it is, would like if someone here could tell me what the best connection is available to me, especially for gaming and reliability. Price <60 per month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Anyone got anything for me? Want to get this sorted out tomorrow before I move my PC over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

UPC will probably be the best value in terms of speed and price, if you can get it. I have the 10Mb package (on High Street) and the speed never drops below 8.5Mb/s. Second best would probably be Smart IMO (assuming they have unbundled your exchange).

Also see this, if you haven't already: http://www.upc.ie/netbookoffer/

Advertisement