Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give me a driving game suggestion please

Options
  • 05-09-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

I've got a driving itch. I tried Grid and whilst it looked brilliant it wouldn't recognise my basic logitech joypad. :(

I've downloaded trackmania and whilst I actually LIKE the game all the tracks are ridiculous and I cant figure out where to find ordinary normal tracks to race on.

Just wondering if anyone has any hints for a good solid driving game.

EDIT: Not rally games tho. They've never really floated my boat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Do you want arcade or simulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Anything although I suppose truth be told more towards sim. I love Gran Turismo games for example.

I even liked one of those Need for Speed ones (I can't for the vodka remember the proper name right now but where it's all bling bling and 'street' and that was alright as well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Try some demos of the games mentioned in this forum.

Sorry, looked but it seemed dead. Missed that sticky tho. DL'ing Live for Speed demo. Will see how that goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is this PC games you are looking for or do you own any console?
    There is not many games that are like gran turismo for the PC.
    I would consider games like that to be semi-sim, most PC racing games are either full simulation or full arcade.

For Arcade racing Burnout Paradise is very good.

For Sim racing you could try live for speed. There is a demo that has one track and a limited number of cars. You need a wheel to get the most out of this game though.

• Advertisement

Burnout Paradise I'll look at. I just want a solid driving game. Don't really mind if it's not a sim. I've played Burnout before and thought that was a good laugh. Guess I'm just tired of FPS and RTSs at the mo and need a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Racing driver GRID is the way !

Troubleshoot that joypad issue...or get a 360 one or something...its worth it :D

If you're gonna spend 'money' on a new game..you may aswell get a decent joypad to prvent any future issues and at the same time be able to play GRID :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If its for pc, look at this thread

Advertisement