Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lesson plans

• 05-09-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi

Im looking to see if anyone thats has doe there hdip in the last year or two preferbaly in ucd wold have a copy of a lesson plan.
    One that is completed so that i could see the type of languague you use.
    Im teaching maths and science at the moment and would be grateful fo any tips on this

thanks
    c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

i did my dip in Maynooth, but lessons plans are basically the same....if you structure them all the same them you can complete them quickly.

Include the following:
    1. title of lesson
    2. aims and objectives of lesson
    3. materials
    4. outline of lesson structure (ie. list of questions (higher and lower order) to ask about previous lesson, introduction to lesson/explanation, etc)
    5. closure/recap
    6. homework
    7. evaluation of lesson

dont get bogged down in the language used in lesson plan, remember this is your guide when teaching. what supervisers will be really interested in is the materials you use and how you evaluate your lesson.

hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

Make sure to include what you expect the students to be doing at all points - the LP shouldn't just be about you as teacher.
    It can be handy to predict difficulties in any topic, because your evaluation of that is a good point for the lesson assessment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

lawl wrote: »
    hi

Im looking to see if anyone thats has doe there hdip in the last year or two preferbaly in ucd wold have a copy of a lesson plan.
    One that is completed so that i could see the type of languague you use.
    Im teaching maths and science at the moment and would be grateful fo any tips on this

thanks
    c

I think you would have started this course last week, and should have been given a template by now?? I know someone doing it there and I'm sure she said she was given a template??

If not, there will be one on the way very shortly. But basically if you include what was said above, the actual layout is up to you so long as its clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭niall3r

i think that he wants one someone has filled in so he can copy the language and see exactly the stanard so he can emulate it.

A sample lesson plan WOULD be fairly useful

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lawl

Yes a sample lesson plan would be great,i already have a template but id love to see smeone else's just to see how they filled it out.If anyone would like to share that would be very much appreciated!
    c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

To be honest, I think that you are better doing one yourself and see what feedback you get from your supervisor. Other people in my class had to do there's fairly differently to mine and vice versa as it was what our individual supervisors wanted.

For your supervisions make sure you address any comments they give you during your next supervision.

ps I went to Trinity so mine may not be any use to you but if you pm me your email I'll sent you one

mrboswell wrote: »
    To be honest, I think that you are better doing one yourself and see what feedback you get from your supervisor. Other people in my class had to do there's fairly differently to mine and vice versa as it was what our individual supervisors wanted.

For your supervisions make sure you address any comments they give you during your next supervision.

ps I went to Trinity so mine may not be any use to you but if you pm me your email I'll sent you one

hiya
    hey id love a copy of a completed lesson plan if you have one,thanks a mil. email is <snipped>

mrboswell wrote: »

hiya
    hey id love a copy of a completed lesson plan if you have one,thanks a mil. email is <snipped>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

lawl,

please do not post personal details on the interweb. It is for your own protection.

Use the Private Messaging function of Boards.ie.

I've a lesson plan template on a memory stick somewhere, I'll post it up when I find it.

Advertisement