Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye and hair colour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Brown hair green eyes . . My irish teacher once told me I was from Mars after having to give a description of myself and me saying my eyes were green :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Brown hair, grey eyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

jumpguy wrote: »
    I think that's hazel eye colour.

Nah, it's very very clearly green at some points then at other points dark brown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Bald with blues eyes...also a hint of grey!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

My hair is brown/black but my eye colour changes daily between green and brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Hair is brown. Eyes are..... Well, one's blue and one's brown with a bit of blue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

SV wrote: »
    Nah, it's very very clearly green at some points then at other points dark brown?
    From Mr. Wikipedia:
    Hazel eyes are due to a combination of Rayleigh scattering and a moderate amount of melanin in the iris' anterior border layer.[7][25] Hazel eyes often appear to shift in color from a light brown to a dark golden-green. A number of studies using three-point scales have assigned hazel to be the medium-color between the lightest shade of blue and darkest shade of brown. Hazel mostly consists of Brown and Green. The dominant color in the eye can either be green or light brown/gold.[46][47][48][49][50][51][52] This can sometimes produce a multicolored iris, i.e., an eye that is light brown near the pupil and charcoal or amber/dark green on the outer part of the iris (and vice versa) when observed in sunlight. Hazel is commonly found in Europe, the Middle East, Americas, Central Asia and parts of South Asia.
    Definitions of the eye color hazel vary: it is sometimes considered to be synonymous with light-brown or gold.[46][48][51][53] In North America, hazel is often used to describe eyes that appear to change color.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

brown hair and green eyes.

I'm surprised at the amount of people with black hair. It's rare enough in Ireland. Most people have really dark brown hair. I do a genetics survey in school with my classes every year and in the eight years I've been teaching, there has never been a child with black hair. Lots of rows about black v. very dark brown hair though. A bit like Fr. Ted black priest socks v. very, very, very dark blue socks :)

From Wikipedia:
    The hair color of the Irish is predominantly brown. Less than 3% have black or ashen hair; 40% have dark brown hair. Medium brown hues make up another 35%. Persons with blond and light brown hair account for close to 15%, while approximately 10% have auburn or red hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I have sort of dark green eyes and brown hair. My fiance has really chocolatey brown eyes (like Maltesers!) and dark dark brown hair. I can't wait to see what colour our kids eyes will be :)

One of my dad's eyes is blue, the other is half blue half brown, quite funny-lookin! It's cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Dark brown hair (definitely not black), dark brown eyes.

• Advertisement

brown hair and green eyes.

I'm surprised at the amount of people with black hair. It's rare enough in Ireland. Most people have really dark brown hair. I do a genetics survey in school with my classes every year and in the eight years I've been teaching, there has never been a child with black hair. Lots of rows about black v. very dark brown hair though. A bit like Fr. Ted black priest socks v. very, very, very dark blue socks :)

From Wikipedia:

But you don't exactly have a history of outbreeding in places like Roscommon. :pac:
    There are definitely regional differences.
    Most of my family have black hair, sallow skin and green eyes.

I have grey eyes, and auburn hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I have dyed blonde hair and dark brown eyes. My natural hair colour is browny-auburn. Looks a bit freaky with the brown eyes. Thank god for hair dye:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Moonbaby wrote: »
    But you don't exactly have a history of outbreeding in places like Roscommon. :pac:
    There are definitely regional differences.
    Most of my family have black hair, sallow skin and green eyes.

I have grey eyes, and auburn hair.

I know, it's lucky I'm not from Roscommon. :D

ziggy23 wrote: »
    I have dyed blonde hair and dark brown eyes. My natural hair colour is browny-auburn. Looks a bit freaky with the brown eyes. Thank god for hair dye:p

Brown eyes and Auburn hair is a gorge colour combo! Really striking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Red (well, dyed) hair, blue eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Brown Hair, Green eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Brown eyes and Auburn hair is a gorge colour combo! Really striking.

yea use to get a lot of compliments on the hair colour but once you go blonde it's very hard to go back:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My eyes are hazel.

My hair, I'm not sure anymore! Before I started dying it, it was a light-ish brown kinda.

why did hazely eye people only get two choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

why did hazely eye people only get two choices?

SS mentioned earlier there was a limited number of spaces for the poll options. Hazel eyes were added later and the four options had to be condensced into two

• Advertisement

brummytom wrote: »
    SS mentioned earlier there was a limited number of spaces for the poll options. Hazel eyes were added later and the four options had to be condensced into two

aw man, shudda read the thread. I'm still p*ssed off though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

black hair brown eyes

aw man, shudda read the thread. I'm still p*ssed though :pac:

Jesus, I wish I was

brummytom wrote: »
    Jesus, I wish I was

meant pissed off - whoops!

meant pissed off - whoops!

Of course you did ;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Brown hair, hazel eyes but I clicked brown hair, brown eyes by accident.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Dudess wrote: »
    Well more specifically, really bright, ice-blue eyes. :)

y'no, that's probably the only eye colour i really don't like. that ice blue... just look so cold. creepy.

edit: found someone. http://thesuperficial.com/2008/11/07/1107_daniel_craig_premiere.jpg
    Dudess wrote: »
    I prefer ice cold to sparkling. I've said it before - moody/brooding is what does it for me. :)

ooh, you should see tar's passport photo... :pac:
    M&S* wrote: »
    Brown hair green eyes . . My irish teacher once told me I was from Mars after having to give a description of myself and me saying my eyes were green :eek:

seriously? both my parents are blue eyed, and both my siblings and i are green eyed. my bro especially, really really bright green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Blonde with greeny-blue. They change depending on my mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Brown hair and jap's eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

browny red hair and light blue eyes but my pupils are insanely huge all the time so it looks like ive black eyes! even my doc once asked me if ive taken any drugs within the last 24 hours cause they're gigantic! and apparently the bigger your pupils are the faster your sight will deteriorate (sp)! sucks to be me!:rolleyes:

Advertisement