Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Character unlocker for SF4 PC version?

Options
  • 05-09-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a link to a decent character unlocker for the PC version of SF4? I used the trainer in the start of this thread's OP:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197638

But it corrupted my save data next time I started the game.

edit: used the fix on page 8 of that thread, didn't work though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to a decent character unlocker for the PC version of SF4? I used the trainer in the start of this thread's OP:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197638

But it corrupted my save data next time I started the game.

Did you check out the youtube video that shows what to do if that happens?

It's just going into one of the .ini files and changing a value from 0 to 1 and then you need to lower the ingame volume to force a save.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6km8-Vt59lc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I wasn't using the cheat engine, I was using the trainer also linked - I'll try that though, cheers!

edit: sound, that works. think my issue before was not saving multiple times

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I think there's a link on the side of that youtube vid for how to unlock all the alt costumes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Ah you got the pc version dreddy, sweet someone else to play if mine ever arrives :p hehe

Yeah, just had some games with Azza there including an epic Fuerte mirror!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah you can use the trainer from that link. The Cheat Engine memory injections didn't work for me.

The process is:
    1. Load the game, create a new brand new save file (delete/backup your old one if necessary)
    2. Get to the main menu (the one with Ryu in the background)
    3. Alt-tab out of the game and start the trainer
    4. Run the unlocks that you want (I used characters, colors, personal actions, titles and icons)
    5. Go into an arcade match (all the characters should be unlocked) and lose, let the countdown timer timeout. When it loads the character select menu screen hit "B" (or circle on a PS3 stick) to go back to the main menu.
    6. Exit the game and restart it without the trainer running. Your unlocks should be now saved without any corruption.

I had to save multiple times in a row for it not to corrupt my save (did this by changing the sound volume several times in a row in the options as chopper said).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You can add me Dreddy if you want. Im HokemPokem. though perhaps we are already on each others lists from xbox live which works the same way. :)

Yeah I think we are - was from the PC I sent you the message asking how to unlock characters.

edit: Up for a few games now man?

Advertisement