Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I did a veg cookery class and it was amazing

Options
  • 06-09-2009 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I did an indian veg cookery course and it was absolutely brilliant. I learned so many lovely recipes and techniques. If you ever have the chance, do them.

I don't think I can say where or who I did them with, because it could be seen as advertising.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh no, do tell us. it's only really advertising (to boards.ie's disliking) if you are that company :o
    i did katayani's cookery course :) it was delicious eating everything after all the demonstrations. mmmmmm
    so, what was the favourite dish you learnt to make?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Kidney beans and chutney and the sweet potato curry... mmmmm. Loved the paneer too, but don't have time to make it. I might adapt it and use tofu instead.
    i didn't used to use so much spice but now I'm addicted

:D yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

where is this course, was it expensive? I love indian food and would love to learn how to do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

It's run by a lady called Katayani. Her number is 0861526502. It's €30 which is brilliant value. She teaches for about 4 hours, you learn all about the different spices and how to use them and where to get them, you make about four dishes which you eat there and a bag of her own curry powder to take home.

• Advertisement

Oh! I paid €50 last year! But it was worth it. I ate soooo much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I think I may give this a try once I reach a teachable standard of cooking. At the moment I'd be too embarassed by my ignorance to go :P

Advertisement