Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur Oxegen 09

Options
  • 06-09-2009 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi was wondering if many went (brilliant by the way) once in a lifetime experience.

does anyone remember/have an explenation for when damon albarn stopped and pointed at the ferris wheel like he was on crack ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

DanielL wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if many went (brilliant by the way) once in a lifetime experience.

does anyone remember/have an explenation for when damon albarn stopped and pointed at the ferris wheel like he was on crack ?

yeah i was there, i know what a great experience it was.

I think i may have a explaination of sorts for damon albarn pointing at the ferris wheel.
    during the performance albarn apologised for forgetting some lyrics as he had harsh earlier on, perhaps he was still high on harsh that he thought the ferris wheel was something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

ah lads blur were ****, so ragin i didnt go to 2manj djs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

yeah i was there, i know what a great experience it was.

I think i may have a explaination of sorts for damon albarn pointing at the ferris wheel.
    during the performance albarn apologised for forgetting some lyrics as he had harsh earlier on, perhaps he was still high on harsh that he thought the ferris wheel was something else?
    What's this Harsh thing? Is it a new kind of drug I don;t know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

i Seen them in Hyde park the week before. It was great seeing them, Hit-fest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

They were boring as ****. Nothing could beat Fun Lovin' Criminals, Pendulum or Therapy? that Friday to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

I thought they were quite poor to be honest. Wasn't doing much for me at all so I left after 20 minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I thought they were decent, but were on for way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Nailz wrote: »
    They were boring as ****. Nothing could beat Fun Lovin' Criminals, Pendulum or Therapy? that Friday to be honest.
    Agreed, those and God Is An Astronaut were great that day but Blur were pretty ****e, wasn't impressed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Left after 2 songs and headed to 2 mant DJs. So much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What's this Harsh thing? Is it a new kind of drug I don;t know about?

Hash.
    Nailz wrote: »

I nearly died at Pendulum! :D

Blur were freakin class. Man, they rocked my brains :)

Now Kings of Leon, they were Shit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think NIN were the best over the weekend, hands down.

Jay P wrote: »
    Hash.
    Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Really?

Oh, sarcasm on the internets. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Oh, sarcasm on the internets. What a surprise. :rolleyes:
    Oh, gullibility on the internets. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I thought they weren't great tbh, not bad, just kinda disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Hash.

I nearly died at Pendulum! :D

Blur were freakin class. Man, they rocked my brains :)

Now Kings of Leon, they were Shit

i agree wholeheartedly with that, blur were brillant, the latest i have ever been at a gig, country house and parkilfe were superb but best praise goes out to trimm trabb, graham coxon gave the guitar solo socks. I hate kings of leon so i imagine they were rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DanielL

Bugg wrote: »
    Agreed, those and God Is An Astronaut were great that day but Blur were pretty ****e, wasn't impressed really.

yeah they were brilliant..

but if people are thinking they werent great take these things into account..

Damon is like 40 odd now !
    They arent know as the most exciting group.
    Its indie for f""k sake :D
    and he was a bit wasted in my opinion.

it was great to see one of my favourite bands in what may be one of there last concerts,
    so even if they werent great on the night it was just an honor to see them live.

but they are probably one of the most intelligent , unique band youll come across . albarn is a genius , and blur are better than oasis.. (had to throw that in . :D)

Advertisement