Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eutelsat 16E - dish size Spain

• 06-09-2009 3:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at the satellite maps for this on lyngsat and it looks as though a 50 - 60cm should do it but my experience is that these maps are not entirely accurate. Any sat experts on here care to offer a suggestion. I am thinking maybe a 70cm to be safe. Suggestions please.

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ew2_wide.html

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hm, well that suggests 75cm would be good enough for W2 here, which for me was grand but not allowing for any rain fade.

So I upgraded to 110 (though 90-100 prob woud've done).

I'd agree with you to choose 70cm to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

byte wrote: »
    Hm, well that suggests 75cm would be good enough for W2 here, which for me was grand but not allowing for any rain fade.

So I upgraded to 110 (though 90-100 prob woud've done).

I'd agree with you to choose 70cm to be on the safe side.

I might go even bigger since you mentioned rain fade. I am sticking it on the roof of an apartment block so size wise I reckon I could go as big as needs be without anyone complaining. I'll ask an installer though not sure what his take will be as most people in Spain use 19E and 30W. The thing is the maps are pretty useless as reading them tells you Dublin should get away with a 60cm but I read in the Digitalb thread others and yourself using far larger.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well a 60cm would definitely be too small for Dublin, unless you're happy with Alsat TV (seems to be on a stonger transponder).

That said, somebody in Dublin says 80cm works fine for them, but further north up here, and it's too small to allow for rainfade.

Advertisement