Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are grants covering the tuition fees for postgrads?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm currently registered for my MA but on the fees page there is no button to say I am in receipt of a higher education grant. I was told before I even applied for my masters that the grant would cover the tuition fees as per every other year but I'm beginning to worry now. Does anyone know anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭peepeep

Hiya,

It depends what college you're in as to how the process works. I'm just starting a postgrad in UCD and am awaiting approval of my grant. In the meantime I was required to pay half of my fees (about 3,000) which I willl be refunded once I get grant approval and the council pays UCD the fees.

If you already have grant approval, bring your approval letter to the Fees department in college and explain your situation. If approval if pending, you might need to pay the fees and then get a refund subsequent. Ring the Fees office of your college and they will explain the process for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 PinkCandy

Oh sh*t. I really don't have the money to pay half the fees myself, even with a refund coming back. =( The grants office are taking their sweet ass time in gettin my renewal up, but my fees have to be paid by tonight at 6pm. Do you know anything bout penalties for late fees?

Advertisement