Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to watch the grandfinal?

• 06-09-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't have sky sports :( If the Saints make the grandfinal I want to be watching it:D I'm in Ennis so where would the best place be to go and watch it? I heard there is an Aussie pub in Waterford - does anyone know if they will be showing it? I'm quite happy to do an overnight thing as the game will be starting at around 5.30am Ireland time.

Cheers,
    Mel.b

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

will the other spice girls be along with you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

mel.b wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't have sky sports :( If the Saints make the grandfinal I want to be watching it:D I'm in Ennis so where would the best place be to go and watch it? I heard there is an Aussie pub in Waterford - does anyone know if they will be showing it? I'm quite happy to do an overnight thing as the game will be starting at around 5.30am Ireland time.

Cheers,
    Mel.b

I doubt the Uluru in Waterford will be showing it. Never know. Game starts around 7am I thought tho. Best bet might be the Woolshed on Parnell st in Dublin. Give them a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dubfan88

Has anyone been in the woolshed on finals day? I really wanna go there this year especially to see the saints finally lift it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks for that info. I'll contact them and find out what the go is. Was really hoping I didn't have to go to Dublin but if that's where I have to go to watch the Saints then that's what I'll do.

Brushi, the game has always started at 2.30pm Melbourne time, which would make it 5.30am Dublin time.

Cheers,
    Mel.b

and no, the other spice girls won't be joining me...unfortunately they all have prior commitments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭legend73

bruschi wrote: »
    I doubt the Uluru in Waterford will be showing it. Never know. Game starts around 7am I thought tho. Best bet might be the Woolshed on Parnell st in Dublin. Give them a shout.

If you get there for 7am you will miss the 1st half. G/F traditionally starts at 2:30pm so with a 9 hours time difference that is a 5:30am start - unless its a delayed telecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Might head along and see Geelong pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

It's on sky? Poo. We don't get that one and don't think our friends who do will be too happy if we rocked around then. Oh well, it's not my team, but I would love to see the Saints win. Don't mind either way really. Will just miss the four 'n twenty pie and dead horse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I assume it is only on Sky sports. Last year I contacted TG4 to see if they would be showing it and they weren't (only highlights the following week) so I assume the situation is the same this year.

Cheers & GO SAINTS!!!!

Mel.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

It is on ESPN people.

Also if you want to avoid the result (in fairness thats not hard in Ireland), then you can watch a replay in the Woolshed at 12 on Saturday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

yeah coverage starts on ESPN at 5am. Will be sky plussing it and watch it when I get up! just have to ignore all texts received in the morning!

• Advertisement
Advertisement