Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jasper Elites. Did you get one?

• 06-09-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting another xbox and was wondering if most of the elites are still the falcon chipset. I've yet to see a jasper elite anywhere. Just wondering if anyone has gotten one and where?

Falcon will have 14.2A on the back while jasper will have 12.1A.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I got the very last elite in HMV grafton street and it was a falcon :(

They will surely have gotten in a new batch since then but I don't know if they are jaspers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I picked up two Elites in HMV Liffey Valley earlier this week, both were 12.1 Jasper units. They show a manufacture date of 12th May 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I got a Resident Evil 5 version Elite, all of which are Jaspers, in GameStop last March. Manufacture date was January of this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

When you go to a store, ask them if you can see the box first. If the Artwork on the box is of Fable II, that is the first good sign. Then check the barcode at the base, you will see LOT: XXX. If the number is 920X or greater then it is a Jasper.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thanks for the help. Is there much difference in fan noise between the Falcon and the Jasper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I got an arcade system recently and it has internal memory instead of a memory unit (which i spent ages lookign for before i realised this!) does that mean it's a jasper model?

zero19 wrote: »
    I got an arcade system recently and it has internal memory instead of a memory unit (which i spent ages lookign for before i realised this!) does that mean it's a jasper model?

Look beside the power in on the console, does it saw 12.1 amps?

jasper-find.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yep looks like i got me a jasper, it's noiser than my old xbox from what i remember

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Picked up an Elite in HMV Grafton St a few wks ago and it was a Jasper unit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I picked up two Elites in HMV Liffey Valley earlier this week, both were 12.1 Jasper units. They show a manufacture date of 12th May 2009.

One of those was mine.......

Both were Jaspers though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

i just looked at mine and its neither of those, mines 16.5 so what does that mean ?

niallith wrote: »
    i just looked at mine and its neither of those, mines 16.5 so what does that mean ?

Looks like you have one of the earlier models:

Xenon = 12V--16.5A
    Zephyr = 12V--16.5A

Falcon = 12V--14.2A
    Jasper = 12V--12.1A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

I got my first xbox today, jasper model, whats the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

ianflynn wrote: »
    jasper model, whats the difference?

They're the latest model, supposedly quieter (not by much IMO), more power efficient and more reliable overall (which does seem to be the case so far).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

All the newest Elites are packaged completely differently. The older models are the standard grey/silver boxes. the new ones have a white front on the box and the grey/silver colour too. shops will start receiving them now. lots of shops have already received them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Still a few Resi 5 packs in Smyths in Naas if anyone's looking for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

roughly when did these come out, i got my xbox last december, is it a jasper?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nope, they were not being made then, or at least not being stocked in stores anyway.

ah i see, no wonder i got rrod.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

As you only got it last year it's still under warranty so send it back and you might get one as a replacement.

• Advertisement

i know that , its currently away for repair.
    thanks anyway robin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Got a Jasper, made August 25th 09.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Pardon my ignorance, its my first time hearing of these differnant types.

I got the red resi 5 edition xbox as an upgrade to my other xbox which was entry level
    (no HDMI) so i presume its one of these jasper models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I got the red resi 5 edition xbox as an upgrade to my other xbox which was entry level
    (no HDMI) so i presume its one of these jasper models.

All the Resident Evil 5 Red ones are Jaspers - definitely, there is no other variation of that specific SKU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Got a Jasper, made August 25th 09.

my one was made on August 26th 09

Advertisement