Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we need a tickets forum?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

hey all, apologies if this has already been discussed.

ill keep it simple. from what i can see, the only place that has tickets openly sold nd traded, is the soccer tickets and travel forum. for me, this is the best section on boards, as its personally helped me alot and im sure 100's of others. occasionly, like the Rugby/Gaa finals, a need pops up and mods move the threads into this forum. now, ive nothing against this, ill be looking for tickets myself in 2 weeks time for the football final, but surely there needs to be an outlet for everybody to trade tickets on boards?

Before, one of the posts from a mod was "theres no place else to dump this, so ill put it here" when moving a ticket thread to the soccer forum. also, ive been told that its been discussed moving all tickets issues into the soccer one. this would be a disaster IMO, as that forum has a massive coimmunity and is IMO, a success story withing boards.

There are very strict rules in the soccer one and im not sure if bringing in new people adhears to that. what I also know, is that if soccer posters started looking for tickets in say gaa or afterhours or any other forum, they would be told to get lost! :)

so basically, do you think theres a need to set up a tickets forum, specific to everything,except soccer? concerts, gaa, rugby etc etc.....

once discussed, ill look to set one up in the forum requests section if necessary.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

There are very strict rules in the soccer one and im not sure if bringing in new people adhears to that. what I also know, is that if soccer posters started looking for tickets in say gaa or afterhours or any other forum, they would be told to get lost! :)

And rightly so, but the soccer tickets & travel forum caters for other sports as well.

As I said on the forum itself:
    This forum is for those wishing to discuss tickets and travel to soccer (and other sports) events.

That's the very first sentence in the charter.

I don't see how one or two other events appearing on the mainly soccer-driven forum is that much of a hindrance, apart from when it excites the natives and they have a whinge (not aimed at you by the way), and it certainly doesn't impact on the community that has developed there.

I'd support changing the forum name to Sports Tickets & Travel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That's a bloody good idea for a forum. I never knew it was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I always thought it was weird if looking for or selling GAA tickets we had to use the soccer forum

But if that fails there is always toutless i believe it was set up by a boardsie/s but i am open to correction there

http://www.toutless.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

there was supposed to be a name change to make it more visible to other sports but it never came about.

there was no point in having a seperate forum for each sport.

it just happened that when ticket sales ban changed, there was a market for a soccer tix/travel.

communication went on about allowing other sports but at the time I never found many threads needed moving or else I let them go on GAA.

a name change would be good tho (and less of the posters with attitudes toward other sports as in a thread earlier today)

I wonder would [TAGS] work in the forum? Just [GAA] [RUGBY] to keep the soccer folks happy cos the forum is made up of 99.6% of soccer like.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I also think a name change to Sports Tickets & Travel is the ways to go,I don't think other sports could justify a separate forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i am not in favour of renaming the soccer tickets and travel forum. sure, if thats the case, cos something is successful, why dont we rename the soccer forum the sports forum or rename after hours, the boards.ie forum.

if something aint broken, then dont "fix it". surely its not an issue to create a new tickets forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Another vote for toutless.com here, awesome site for buying,selling or trading tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sports tickets would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

if something aint broken, then dont "fix it". surely its not an issue to create a new tickets forum.

I'd contend the current forum is no broke, other than one or two obnoxious posters reacting in a hostile manner to perfectly legitimate requests for tickets for other sports.

If you want it changed Ed, you're going to have to show us how allowing other sports in the current forum is a bad thing. The community you are protective of is not threatened by GAA or rugby tickets IMO.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

homerjay2005,why do you see a renaming as a negative for the forum all the current threads will continue as normal we will just be making something that happens already (other spots threads) more official.I dont see how this will effect the current forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement