Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water shortage Johnstown Navan?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Anybody in the Johnstown area of Navan having trouble with their water supply lately?
    Ours is gone this morning and has over the last 2 - 3 weeks been gone randomly with no notice from the Council

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Wiley1

Moanin wrote: »
    Anybody in the Johnstown area of Navan having trouble with their water supply lately?
    Ours is gone this morning and has over the last 2 - 3 weeks been gone randomly with no notice from the Council

I live out that side of the town and haven't had any water problems, If the council don't know about the supply being down i.e Leaks, broken pipes how they supposed to to give notice.

Meath has the one of the highest water qualities in the country and considering the infrastructure or lack of that is "johnstown" i'm surprised there's any water supply at all out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brandodub

I'm down the road near SuperValu and have noticed reduced water pressure over the summer. Not aware of any works still ongoing re water mains though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

sorry to ask a stupid question but has anyone asked MCC?

Meath County Council, County Hall, Navan, Co. Meath.

Tel: 046 9097000
    Fax: 046 9097001
    Email: info@meathcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    sorry to ask a stupid question but has anyone asked MCC?

Meath County Council, County Hall, Navan, Co. Meath.

Tel: 046 9097000
    Fax: 046 9097001
    Email: info@meathcoco.ie

Yes I called and the lady who answered the phone wasn't aware of a problem and said she would call me back.I'm still waiting.This was 3 weeks ago.I phoned again on Monday but again they knew nothing..........

Yes I called and the lady who answered the phone wasn't aware of a problem and said she would call me back.I'm still waiting.This was 3 weeks ago.I phoned again on Monday but again they knew nothing..........

Thanks for that I'll give them a call as well see if that jogs any memories re: contractors in the area!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

MCC seem to be avoiding questions. I suggest you ring a councillor, maybe Peadar Toibin who is active out there http://meathsinnfein.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=36

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Well maybe instead of avoiding the questions, maybe they don't know ;) It doesn't sound like something you'd be avoiding a question on.

And you do have a wild choice of councillor available to you if that's the route for you;

Navan Town Councillors

Meath County Council Navan Area Councillors

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Well maybe instead of avoiding the questions, maybe they don't know ;) It doesn't sound like something you'd be avoiding a question on.

And you do have a wild choice of councillor available to you if that's the route for you;

Navan Town Councillors

Meath County Council Navan Area Councillors

Perhaps but I would rather not get into politics because my water pressure fluctuates!
    Still no updates from Meath coco.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Wiley1

brandodub wrote: »
    Perhaps but I would rather not get into politics because my water pressure fluctuates!
    Still no updates from Meath coco.....:(

Meath Co.Council usually get notice in advance of any work being carried out by contractors, this way the council website www.meath.ie carries the details in advance for the general public. If the leak/pressure happened by accidentally digging or whatever MCC wouldn't know about it.

Why doesn't someone ring the contractor and find out, then they can inform Meath Co.Council, local knowledge is the best form of knowlegde.

Then we'll know why Little Dublin is having water problems....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 davy_mick_james

Im one of the very few people who has lived in Johnstown all my life and I can tell you its been going on for about 10 years now. The houses near Supervalu, in the main, dont seem to be affected. The majority of the time its the Old Johnstown area (Cill Foireann estate and the houses that are around the church). I rang cllr. Francis Deane, and once he got on to someone the water came back...
    but then went again. I think its got something to do with a resevoir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I'm in Ratoath & my water is gone. We had no notice from the council either. :mad:

Advertisement