Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling/Re-enabling Directdraw Acceleration

Options
  • 06-09-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just downloaded a game to run with daemon tools,and it recommends disabling directdraw and direct 3d acceleration. When I run "dxdiag" I can see the Direct X features but there is no buttons to allow me to disable the both of them.

Im on Vista if that helps.

Help much appreciated.

Ste

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

what game is this? is it an old one, sounds like it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Game is Grim Fandango and its wrecking my head that it keeps crashing.

Can anyone help?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

try this

http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?PHPSESSID=t71ur1g780rdr3gu95jlpppdd5&action=dlattach;topic=17831.0;attach=40112

its a simple application to disable and re-enabled the direct draw problem yuo have

try this

http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?PHPSESSID=t71ur1g780rdr3gu95jlpppdd5&action=dlattach;topic=17831.0;attach=40112

its a simple application to disable and re-enabled the direct draw problem yuo have

Brilliant. Is it specifically for this game?

also,

when you start the game, there is an option to "analyse your computer", in there the option to disable both of them is there.

If I do that, are the easily re enabled or how would I do it?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

• Advertisement

dont bother analysing your PC. that program allows you to re-enable anything you disabled after playing the game :) had the same problem myself on vista a few years ago

dont bother analysing your PC. that program allows you to re-enable anything you disabled after playing the game :) had the same problem myself on vista a few years ago

Cool.

Another problem though, It was a torrent I downloaded, dont actually have the disk so when I run that programme after unzipping it it asks to make sure I have the disk inserted which obviously I dont.

If I mount it to Daemon tools and then open the above programme the game just "stops working".

:confused:

sorry man you're on your own there. my game runs off the disc :pac:

EDIT: try running in compatibility mode, that might work

Advertisement