Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama classes for teens?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

i'm wondering if there are any drama classes for teenagers on in galway city on saturday afternoons? i used to go to the Crosain in the Taibhdhearc but it stopped last year. i liked it because it was easy going and not competitive...other drama classes i've gone to are full of stage school kids (:eek:) and i'm not really into that, i'm just looking to make new friends and have a good time.

if anyone has any info i'd be really grateful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

i can highly reccomend Power Perfomance Academy, my daughter has been going there for 6 months they just recently did Peter Pan at the Town Hall Theatre, she has made lots of friends and its not competitive, fantastic teachers who are highly trained, and theres a atmosphere of a extended family within the group, the prices are not over the top either.
    however i wouldnt go near trading faces, my daughter was there for a year, and they dont teach you anything, and the prices are a joke, its just a total money making scheme..
    not sure about stage coach, but there prices are way too high as well,
    and when i was looking around for my daughter , Backstage came reccomended as well from quite a few people

if you want the number for Power Performance pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

however i wouldnt go near trading faces.

Won't leave a personal comment here... but suffice to say. I agree.
    Backstage came recommended.

Backstage are very good as well, nice atmosphere and very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 strombone

FWIW, my daughter goes to Trading Faces and we've always been happy with them. She loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

i belive the op, was looking for reccomendations, therefore person experience comes into play.
    and im glad someone has had a good experience with trading faces, as i was wondering exactly why they exsisted at all.. very very shoddy and aimed at money making completly in my view..

To each their own I suppose.

Barge pole IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

There's one out in GMIT for teens on Saturdays, can't remember the name though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Encore youth theatre might be worth a look into aswell.

There's one out in GMIT for teens on Saturdays, can't remember the name though.

Performing Arts School of Galway.

Gave them over seven years of my life... They're alright for the younger crowd. 7 - 14 yrs, but anything after that is.... hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Slightly off topic but is there any good dance classes for kids? Not Irish or Ballerina.

Performing Arts teaches drama, singing and dance.

They truly are the all singing, all dancing hoors of this world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Performing Arts teaches drama, singing and dance.

They truly are the all singing, all dancing hoors of this world.

To be honest i'm not really into dancing,or singing or musicals or anything like that. i'm in my late teens so i'm looking for something a little bit ... edgier i guess! Thanks anyway

In that case look into Galway Youth Theatre.

An eclectic mix of people between the ages of about 15 - late 20's.

Very good atmosphere, and you'll find a lot of like minded people there.

Just go into the Arts Centre on Dominic Street and ask about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement