Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Photographer Recommendations Please!

• 06-09-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

First off i want to state that i’ve clear this with the mods. To quote:
    CabanSail wrote:
    ....make it clear what you are looking for. Mention you have run it past me & that any arguments in thread will result in it being closed. Also if anyone wants to offer their services personally that should be done by PM
    So hopefully that clears the T&C’s of this thread!

I popped the big question last month, she said yes and we’ve a date set for Spring 2011. Ages away I know, but these things take time, patients and mon€y! One of the things I’ve been asked to look after is the photographer…hence this thread.

Rewind a year and I would have just got for the local photographers (a husband and wife team) and we would have been delighted with their shots – based upon previous work we’ve seen. However after finding this community last winter, then getting my DSLR (big jump from camera phones) and religiously following some of the quality threads posted here I would like to think I’ve got a better eye for a good photographer than before (if that makes sense).

Then, when we got talking about what we are after and we discovered that we rather not go for the local photographer agency – they are good, but four couples in our circle of friends have used them before.

We want something different. Not off the wall different, but something that you think was more unique, fun and cool…. of course there would have to be some of the traditional family posed ones.

From reading around here I know of www.savo.ie, www.rachelfoxphotography.com and recently spotted www.wearethemastersons.com. I have been looking through different sites via google, but there are thousands of them! So I’m looking for some recommendations please. Links to sites if possible.

Oh, & it will be in Donegal……

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Camera on tripod and remote release,The cheap option :pac:

And congrats by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Wow Longshanks thanks for the mention. I have to say I love eas' work, as he knows himself also I really think he produces great things. You are right to look around and get what suits you best and is within your price range. My own new site is due very very soon so not the best at the minute.

Just make sure whoever you choose that you meet them first and are happy to with them not only their work but that you feel comfortable with them. We all aim to please but every photographer works differently and you will want to be sure that you can relax with your photographer, my own wedding photographer was a great people person and put a smile on my face the whole time he was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Fenster wrote: »

I'm getting married next year and have hired Mike to do our wedding. He may be a little crazy, but he's a great photographer.

There are many great photographers here, so you certainly won't be stuck for choice. There are a few I'd recommend, from seeing their work, but in the end, you've a tough choice to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Congrats on the engagement!

Only things I have to say on wedding Photographers is, make sure you meet with yours a few times and both you and the bride like and feel relaxed with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sounds like a perfect photowalk/boardsie meetup oppertunity ;)

Ps Congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Thanks to kjt & Ricky91t for providing the cheap way out - the thought had crossed my mind :D

There is some sound advice here, i will take it all on board. I suppose the purpose of this thread was to get some suggestions of potential photographers and big thanks for the Mike Patterson recommendations.

Anybody got any else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Sorry, I can't help with names and other tips were already mentioned.

But I just wanted to say congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

As said above make sure you get on well and communicate everything you are looking for eg a lot of people ask me for natural shots but they still want formal groups.

Congrats on the engagement too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

will join everyone in wishing congrats on engagement - only tog I know in Donegal would be Donna McBride - fantastic girl, have her mobile if you want me to pass it on and you can meet/talk to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

Congrats as well!

When I was looking, I found that there were photographers that were willing to travel - this guy was very good at my brother in laws wedding in cavan..great with the crowds!

http://www.dermotbyrnephoto.ie/index.php

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fenster wrote: »

Getting married in two weeks and have Mike hired for the job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Just checked out Mike's site and that is a fabulous selection. Good choice guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I have used eddiescheffer.com a few times (wedding / family portraits etc). I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Congrats and best of luck with it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Thanks for that, and to those who have PM'd me.
    The girlfriend fiancee isn't about the house this week, but when she gets back we'll go through all of the suggestions....In the mean time keep them coming

Advertisement