Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some free fx VSTs?

• 06-09-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Well....any good ones out there? Just bought a controller for the laptop and looking to up my dj game. Im using ableton 8 and have been fairly underwhelmed by what's on offer in their package

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Check the resource sticky in this forum - bags of links there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

to be honest whatever we recommend will just be stuff that ableton comes with but better quality.
    more of a production forum than a dj forum this one.

if i was gonna recommend one it would be glitch but like i said lives basically got the main ones covered already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 thrush

these are great.

kjaerhus free clasic plug ins:

Classic Auto-Filter

The Classic Auto-Filter is an analog modeled four-pole filter with resonance control.
    goto_read_more.gifRead more. classic-chorus_200px.gif Classic Chorus

Classic Chorus is a great sounding and easy to use classical Chorus VST plugin.
    goto_read_more.gifRead more. classic-compressor_200px.gif Classic Compressor

Classic Compressor is a classic analog style VST Compressor Plugin with a lot of warmth...
    goto_read_more.gifRead more. classic-delay_200px.gif Classic Delay

The Classic Delay emulates three of the most commonly used delays / echo sounds types...
    goto_read_more.gifRead more. classic-eq_200px.gif Classic EQ

Classic EQ is a 7 Band Stereo Equaliser with a warm analog sound, well suited to make non-surgical tonal corrections...
    goto_read_more.gifRead more. classic-flanger_200px.gif Classic Flanger

Take a trip back to the mid 80's with our Classic Flanger.
    goto_read_more.gifRead more. classic-master-limiter_200px.gif Classic Master Limiter

The Classic Master Limiter VST plugin is specially designed to boost the overall level of your final mixes...
    goto_read_more.gifRead more. classic-phaser_200px.gif Classic Phaser

The Classic Phaser emulates analog phasers from the 70’s and 80’s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

Melty wrote: »
    Im using ableton 8 and have been fairly underwhelmed by what's on offer in their package

really?

i find them very good, i love the way the compressor displays the level along the slope of the compression graph,

have you used fx djing before? ie on a pioneer mixer, are you looking to replicate these? if so try chaining a few fx together and make sure their all tempo synced. or if their too heavy handed try using the sends for your fx.

Advertisement