Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm Release Date

Options
  • 06-09-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Just wanted to let everyone know that the expansion release date has been announced, not sure if you know already but thought id link, we have alot longer to wait than I thought we would.

http://www.vgreleases.com/pc/ReleaseDate-381818.aspx

Still over a year to wait :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

People will still be playing that game in 2010? Infact, people are still playing WoW???

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Lol, well i quit playing until the summer as im in uni but if the expansion isnt out before the summer i might no be playing it until summer 2011, and by then i prob wont want to go back to it, well...so long wow

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

this is blizzards answer to cover up any game releases
    wotlk=warhammer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Expected release.....

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Liber8or wrote: »
    People will still be playing that game in 2010? Infact, people are still playing WoW???

11 million i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I wouldn't believe that figure of 11 million :p

Wasn't there something going around about their subs dropping off by 6 million of something after the debacle in Asia ?

I'd think a more realistic 3 million active paying subs would be more likely, that's still huge but it's not 11 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Oh, and a whole year to wait for the new expansion ? :eek:

Let's hope Aion fills the void until then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's definitly not still 11 million, but its still insanely high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Woah! That's a hell of a long wait for an expansion. They are re-vamping most of the game I suppose though... I can only presume this early announcement was to try and keep as many of their current subscribers as possible. I can see a lot of people moving from WoW with so long to wait for a sizeable amount of added content.

I'd be very surprised if that was the release date btw, im expecting next spring to be more likely as if its not for over a year we will be left with very little to do. Icecrown isnt gona keep us busy that long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I think it dropped to 5 million, but thats still awesomeness.

And release date for Cataclysm? My god give us Arthas first! More than likely it will be the B-team that develops the Icecrown raid. Who knows, maybe 3 worms will be the first boss! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Probably a giant dog that does a ****, that splits up into worms that you have to kite around. If they come back to the dog, and the dog eats its own ****, it'll regain health or enrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Thanks God for this, at least now I have some chance of getting throught the WotLK content!
    I'd imagine we'll get some content patches in the meantime.

EDIT: just checked wow.com, that date may only be a placeholder?
    http://www.wow.com/2009/08/23/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-targeted-for-a-2010-release-date/

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Notorious wrote: »
    Woah! That's a hell of a long wait for an expansion. They are re-vamping most of the game I suppose though... I can only presume this early announcement was to try and keep as many of their current subscribers as possible. I can see a lot of people moving from WoW with so long to wait for a sizeable amount of added content.
    just as well. if i do sign on id rather like to explore a bit before everything gets turned upside down, molten doom raining from the skies, and all the shullabalooza.

wouldnt it suck to be a n00b - youre off harassing a crag boar when suddenly fire and brimstone come shooting out of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Are you all on crack?

Bend over, drop your pants and pull a release date out of what you find behind you. That release date will be about as accurate as any online retailers guestimate.

Who knows how long it will take. As someone said, Icecrown is still to come and that will be a very sizable content patch (BTW, its not the B team thats working on that. The same guys who do the expansion have been doing that content patch - they showed some FMV of the bosses at blizcon)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Man where you being hiding?!?!?!

I'd put my money on April 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

TheDoc wrote: »
    Man where you being hiding?!?!?!

I'd put my money on April 2011

Australia, and then my pc exploded when i got back and ive been too busy in work to fix/replace :(

Missing a lot of wow :(

im looking for more information myself. i got lost in a wow wiki and found a page related to gnomish steamwarriors and got googley about it. that would be hilariously good fun.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Steam_warrior

but will they ever do it? who knows :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dustaz wrote: »
    Australia, and then my pc exploded when i got back and ive been too busy in work to fix/replace :(

Missing a lot of wow :(

Didnt miss much, I'm still noob ;)

Get back soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Don't believe in that too much, it's just speculation. +hits to his site...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

weren't all the early murmurs saying they expect it early 2010 with even slight potential of seeing it this christmas (as wow's attack on aion) I dunno but would expect it sooner tbh.

Wont be this christmas because icecrown aint out yet and that will take a while. However i would expect it around the end of spring.

well do you think theyd surprise it on people? I mean its like the apocalypse: we can all guess, but none of us are really sure when its going to be ;) It'd be great to log on one day to suddenly find out hey, thats my house, and its on fire...waiiit a minute..

Im sure they will have a few events like this, before WOTLK they had some events for example in various locations there were crates which if you went close to them you became infected and in a minute turned into a zombie unless you were dispelled, you could then run around as a zombie infecting others ^^ it was loads of fun, there were some other cool stuff too such as frost wyrms attacking orgrimar and thrall and his buddies stopping them.

Isnt that the same zombie curse that very famously put wow on the map? It was no time before whole realms were filled with zombie toons and only half of them had any idea what to do about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Psycopat wrote: »
    Im sure they will have a few events like this, before WOTLK they had some events for example in various locations there were crates which if you went close to them you became infected and in a minute turned into a zombie unless you were dispelled, you could then run around as a zombie infecting others ^^ it was loads of fun, there were some other cool stuff too such as frost wyrms attacking orgrimar and thrall and his buddies stopping them.
    It sounded cool and i wish i had been around for it, but unfortunatly a large portion of the Warcraft community bitched and moaned about not being able to do their daily heroic runs and other QQ like this, so nothing as interesting will probably ever happen again.

I ****ing hate these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Even though I have very little faith in that website or any others claiming to know a definite release date it does seem in the right sort of time frame. We still have the Onyxia revamp to put some time between Colosseum and Icecrown. I'd assume Icecrown will be released during spring and will bring us right towards an October/November release. And before you say spring -> November is too long don't forget that Sunwell was released in March and it was November before Wotlk was released. I'd also assume that there will be some big preperation events to keep us busy in the last month or two aswell.

Advertisement