Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance and no claims discount

Options
  • 06-09-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

Had a claim but now apparently i'm to lose my 4yrs NCB if I don't pay for the claim myself.Is this the norm? Thought i'd only lose that yrs NCB.If so what is the point of having it if i'm going to be paying for all claims in full?Is this the norm in other euro countries?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What company are you with? A lot of companys differ in what they do. I'm with Quinn for my insurance and I lose 3 years NCD if I claim. Do you have protection?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Moved to Motors.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

if you have 5 years no claims bonus, then somebody claims from you, then its correct that you now have no no claims bonus.

some companies offer a protected NCB or step back NCB system where if somebody claims from you, you only lose 2 years or 3 years in some cases.

then as you have highlighted, most companies allow you to pay the settlement figure to the other party and you dont lose your NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

If you claim of course your bonus is effected , the only exception is if you took out bonus protection.

Advertisement