Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"I'd hurl for England if they were playing Kilkenny"

• 06-09-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

The sentiment expressed by my cousin from Tipp.
    So the question is, is it sheer begrudgery or why do people not like Kilkenny people? I mean, as a Dub, I can understand why people hate us and I can sort of understand why Cork people get a bit of slagging. But why do Kilkenny get more abuse than any of the other counties?:confused:

As the old saying goes, "Carlsberg don't do hurling teams, but if they did.....Kilkenny would hammer them"

Go on the Premier.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

People always like to hate the best.

p.s: and I HATE the GAA, but you can't deny fact. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

Theres no grudge against Kilkenny, I think yer cousin was just goin on how you'd expect some from Tipperary to sh*te on. Its just a bit of rivalry between Tip and Kilkenny, its always been like that. The 2 counties hate each other like, and will take any opportunity they can get to beat the other in hurling because they both think of themselves as "the home of hurling".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Yep, Kilkenny are sheer class atm, almost everybody wants to beat the best.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Title makes me want to hurl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

GAA is shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

The priest today said he didn't want Kilkenny to win, said he wanted to give someone else a chance! I'd say that's what most people mean when they say they hate Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 REAL LIFE HOOD

I think I speak for the majority of Dublin people I know they don't care about Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Sir Molle wrote: »
    GAA is shite.

Thank you for your entirely relevant contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

He'd hurl for england but he'd still lose against kilkenny :)

the GAA should organise a kilkenny-against-everyone-else exhibition match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

GAA is shite.
    The priest today said

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Killkenny has nothing else to offer except hurling in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Just listening to the game on rte radio online, times like this I really miss home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway minors just beat Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

London's footballers are better than their hurlers. They would definitely beat Kilkenny in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

Mrmoe wrote: »
    London's footballers are better than their hurlers. They would definitely beat Kilkenny in football.

I'd say the all-Asian minors would probably beat Kilkenny in the football lol. I doubt Kilkenny would care either, all that matters is the hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

Bambi wrote: »
    He'd hurl for england but he'd still lose against kilkenny :)

the GAA should organise a kilkenny-against-everyone-else exhibition match
    465 players against 15. They probably would still win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

GAA is shite.

:eek:

It's a super match. Much better than watching Man U. v Liverpool.

Up for Tipp but still think Kilkenny will do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Kilkenny have helped kill the sport of Hurling in Ireland and it is now only a contest between 4 or 5 counties wheras Football has between 12 and 16 teams that could win it. Kerry have dominated football but not so much to the extent that Kilkenny have destroyed Hurling. I seriously hope they are beaten as an avid GAA person because no young people are taking up the game and Hurling will vanish because of the dominance of one arrogant never get enough team.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Kilkenny have helped kill the sport of Hurling in Ireland and it is now only a contest between 4 or 5 counties wheras Football has between 12 and 16 teams that could win it. Kerry have dominated football but not so much to the extent that Kilkenny have destroyed Hurling. I seriously hope they are beaten as an avid GAA person because no young people are taking up the game and Hurling will vanish because of the dominance of one arrogant never get enough team.

Sounds like somebody went out of the championship early this year :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

They apologise for being too good, I'm sure.
    It's not their problem your teams aren't good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

I am from a county where carrying a hurley is about as alien as wearing a Burkha, so I personally couldn't care either way.

Though some of the Kilkenny boys seem to have been born with hurleys protruding from their @rse so I guess that's what some people are jealous of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The sentiment expressed by my cousin from Tipp.
    So the question is, is it sheer begrudgery or why do people not like Kilkenny people? I mean, as a Dub, I can understand why people hate us and I can sort of understand why Cork people get a bit of slagging. But why do Kilkenny get more abuse than any of the other counties?:confused:

As the old saying goes, "Carlsberg don't do hurling teams, but if they did.....Kilkenny would hammer them"

Go on the Premier.:)

Of course it's begrudgery. What else is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Is it Kilkenny's fault that they're better than all the other teams?

Isn't it up to everyone else to catch them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

orourkeda wrote: »
    Of course it's begrudgery. What else is it?

Well, that's what I thought. And it definitely is up to the other teams to catch up. But my OP wasn't actually referring to hurling, I was just surprised at how much stick Kilkenny got in the "Ireland's worst county" thread in comparison to say Waterford or Galway. Maybe there are just a lot of Tipperary Boardsies.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Farmers running around a field with sticks,amazing stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AR-15

It's nothing personal. People just want to see a new team winning for a change. I guarantee you if it was any other county it would be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Tipperary robbed by the worst referee in Hurling history, Brian Cody lashes out a Marty Morrissey, when it became obvious that Kilkenny did not win it fairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The Marty and Brian Cody interview was hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Stop talking out your hole. Avid GAA fan you are not if thats your attitude. Stop sucking on that lemon its making you bitter:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

brilliant match. Up the cats!! DELIGHTED:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

That makes NO sense! Take that last line for example, should they just give up, is it, take a year off to give the other teams a chance to win it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Killkenny has nothing else to offer except hurling in fairness

We have a medieval city which is the biggest inland tourist destination in Ireland.
    We have some of the best weather, warmest in summer and coldest in winter.
    Great people, I have great neighbours so what more would one want in a place to live...
    Kilkenny city was once capital of Ireland.
    Kilkenny a great place for a night out.
    Kilkenny is home to the man who was the designer and architect of the white house - the place where Obama lives, just happens his Irish ancestors are buried in Kilkenny.....
    There is the caves and scenery and we are good at hurling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Kilkenny have raised the bar in standards , Tipp have a bit to go , the rest have a bit more , this can only make the best game in the world better. The ideal of sport is to be the best.

Saying that I know 1 person from Kilkenny personally , he is a p*ick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Is there not a dedicated stick-fighting/bogball forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

GAA Gaelic football is shite.
    fyp.
    The priest today said he didn't want Kilkenny to win, said he wanted to give someone else a chance! I'd say that's what most people mean when they say they hate Kilkenny.
    If they're good enough they'll beat them and they'll deserve it. Otherwise, your priest can f**k off tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

GAA forum?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement