Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plans!

• 06-09-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi!
    There seems to be loads of posts asking the same sort of questions that I am wondering about but I cant find exactly what Im looking for.

Im just wondering what the story is on the 14th, I have to be there at 9am. How are you supposed to get your duvet, clothes..etc into the appartment and all?

Does anyone have an idea of the procedure that day?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

I would suggest not bringing any of your stuff up to Maynooth on the first day.
    Wait until you actually get your Apartment key and have all the registration sorted. Once you have that done, then you make plans on how to get your stuff up during the remainder of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Liber8or wrote: »
    I would suggest not bringing any of your stuff up to Maynooth on the first day.
    Wait until you actually get your Apartment key and have all the registration sorted. Once you have that done, then you make plans on how to get your stuff up during the remainder of the week.
    but do you not get your apartment key when you go up. provided you have proof that you've the 1st semesters rent paid for ant the utilities deposit paid for too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

Back when I was a fresher (3 yrs ago :eek:) you went into the Residence Office beside River Apartments and they gave you a key card to your apartment.

Though it could have changed by now and could differ if you are in Village or Rye.

Was there not any information on this in the starter pack they send out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭xochillixo

apartments available from the 14th onwards so even if you're not registring until that day you can still bring all your stuff up and move in!!
    go to the residents office and they'l sort everything out

xochillixo wrote: »
    apartments available from the 14th onwards so even if you're not registring until that day you can still bring all your stuff up and move in!!
    go to the residents office and they'l sort everything out
    coolio thanks, so you just need proof of payment of utilites and 1st semester rent to get your key yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

do you need to bring proof of payment?
    iv paid all mine but dont have any proof, i never asked for a receipt. i hope they'l let me in!!lol

Xqzciara wrote: »
    do you need to bring proof of payment?
    iv paid all mine but dont have any proof, i never asked for a receipt. i hope they'l let me in!!lol
    im pretty sure you do, i think so anyway

o dear..how will i get proof then?

o dear..how will i get proof then?
    i've no clue tbh, i only paid mine today and just kept the bank receipt...maybe ring the residence office in the morning and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

i don't think you need to bring proof of payment...they have it all on file on their computers :) although, if you have an email that has a reference number or something, print that and bring it with you just to put your mind at ease :)

• Advertisement

i don't think you need to bring proof of payment...they have it all on file on their computers :) although, if you have an email that has a reference number or something, print that and bring it with you just to put your mind at ease :)

thanks a mill, altho im in village apartments so all of mine is done through post..no emails for some reason!
    i just checked my letter and it said i had to bring the letter as proof i got offered a place, a passport photo, and bed stuff. and thats all..phew!

ah the village apartments are great, lived there two years on the trot in leavey 3...was super! had some great times there, village apartments are the best, they feel more like homes than the others and they're the cheapest :) got a house this year though :)

thanks a mill, altho im in village apartments so all of mine is done through post..no emails for some reason!
    i just checked my letter and it said i had to bring the letter as proof i got offered a place, a passport photo, and bed stuff. and thats all..phew!
    passport photo? whats that about?

ah the village apartments are great, lived there two years on the trot in leavey 3...was super! had some great times there, village apartments are the best, they feel more like homes than the others and they're the cheapest :) got a house this year though :)
    really? im so happy to hear that :)
    ive been asking around on forums what they'e like but no1s been able to answer me...they just keep giving out about not having ensuites! i dont even mind sharing a bathroom...its not like i have my own one at home lol.
    thanks for that!
    oh is the internet in village wired like river and rye or is it wireless?

i don't actually know why they ask for a passport photo...but i know people that never gave them in and they were never asked for 'em either :)

jpcarlow wrote: »
    passport photo? whats that about?
    dont know dude, prob 4 our key card or somethin

dont know dude, prob 4 our key card or somethin
    are our pics on keycards...like is it a photo for the size of a passport we bring..or our actual passports?

btw the internet in village is wireless, my friend is there and you will love it

really? im so happy to hear that :)
    ive been asking around on forums what they'e like but no1s been able to answer me...they just keep giving out about not having ensuites! i dont even mind sharing a bathroom...its not like i have my own one at home lol.
    thanks for that!
    oh is the internet in village wired like river and rye or is it wireless?

i loved the village apartments, rye ones look like a prison (although they're meant to be alright inside, i never spent too much time in them) and the river ones remind me of hospitals or waiting rooms or something, a very clinical vibe about them.

yeah it's 2 bathrooms to 5 bedrooms. if you're on the groundfloor one is a disabled bathroom. so it's got a lower down shower. we were on the groundfloor and never really used that shower-we were 5 girls and we all shared one shower with no problems :) it was absolutely fine!

internet is wireless in the village, no wired access at all :)

village apartments are mainly kept all girls or all boys together in an apartment (although there are the few exceptions, i guess because of uneven numbers). this was because the st.patrick's part owned them-village has a separate reception to rye and river, and it's why you get post and not emails from them too i think :P

i loved the village apartments, rye ones look like a prison (although they're meant to be alright inside, i never spent too much time in them) and the river ones remind me of hospitals or waiting rooms or something, a very clinical vibe about them.

yeah it's 2 bathrooms to 5 bedrooms. if you're on the groundfloor one is a disabled bathroom. so it's got a lower down shower. we were on the groundfloor and never really used that shower-we were 5 girls and we all shared one shower with no problems :) it was absolutely fine!

internet is wireless in the village, no wired access at all :)

village apartments are mainly kept all girls or all boys together in an apartment (although there are the few exceptions, i guess because of uneven numbers). this was because the st.patrick's part owned them-village has a separate reception to rye and river, and it's why you get post and not emails from them too i think :P

u think its better all girls and all boys in different apartments?? i havnt made my mind up about it?

xochillixo wrote: »
    u think its better all girls and all boys in different apartments?? i havnt made my mind up about it?

i don't know, i've never experienced living in a mixed apartment...but i wouldn't have a problem living with boys at all, shall be living with 2 this year. i don't think gender really matters, it's what the person's like at the end of the day. i was lucky that i lived with 4 other lovely people, they just happened to be girls :)

i didn't mean anything by saying that village apartments were usually kept all male or all female, was just letting y'all know is all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Wow, these new posters sure do like posting.

Veterans, we must not be overwhelmed!

/posts like crazy

banquo wrote: »

/posts like crazy

the more the merrier, no? :P

/posts like crazy
    ah but you veterans still hold all the power of knowledge on how to navigate this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

ah but you veterans still hold all the power of knowledge on how to navigate this forum

Hell, no. I'm trapped here!

But seriously, it's really great to see this forum so alive. Not too long ago it was almost left for dead. Great stuff.

Hell, no. I'm trapped here!

But seriously, it's really great to see this forum so alive. Not too long ago it was almost left for dead. Great stuff.
    really? its hard to imagine this being dead, it's great fun...i'm after talking to so many fellow freshers so its gonna make starting maynooth a hell of a lot easier

really? its hard to imagine this being dead, it's great fun...i'm after talking to so many fellow freshers so its gonna make starting maynooth a hell of a lot easier

it would've been easy even if you hadn't found this forum...maynooth is super friendly! :)

it would've been easy even if you hadn't found this forum...maynooth is super friendly! :)

well lets hope so... im going up monday but everyone is probably going to be registring while im left to unpack for a whole day by myself in the apartment im not regestering until wed... lets hope this does not happen

that's what happened to me in 1st year...nobody else moved in for days, i was the only first year in the apartment!

but all you have to do is give a knock next door and join the party...there will be parties all over the shop, don't be afraid to knock and ask to be let in! best way to get to know the neighbours...just talk to everyone no matter how shy or nervous you feel! everyone's in the same boat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

It's things like this that make me wish I was living in Maynooth for the next 4 years...I know I'm in Leixlip but it might as well me a million miles away ;)

• Advertisement

don't worry alan, you can always sleep on floors and sofas of the new friends that you are gonna make from time to time! :)

Advertisement