Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Question, no unhelpful comments please

• 06-09-2009 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My cousin pulled the laces out of my sister's Dubes and we've been trying to get them back in as my sister starts back at school tomorrow, anyone have any idea how to feed the laces through all those eyelets?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

If you have a needle and thread you could probably feed the laces through if you attach the thread to the lace. You might even be able to use a tweezers, just catch the laces from the other side of the eyelet and pull. Hope it helps as I'm not really familiar with dubes as I've never had a pair myself but these methods would work for any shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Madame Olenska

Same thing happened to me. Sellotape knitting wool about 6" from 1 end of the lace. It has to be this lenght down the lace as the leather is quite stiff to work with. Thread the wool then into a large darning needle then thread it through the rim of the shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Make an eyelet out of selotape on one end of each lace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

janeybabe wrote: »
    Make an eyelet out of selotape on one end of each lace.

I don't really understand your post but thanks anyway :)

Thanks for the replies guys, got it sorted in the end :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sorry I said eyelet for some reason but I meant aglet, the plastic or metal bit that is at the end of some laces. You can make one but putting selotape around the end of a lace. But glad you got it sorted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Never heard the lace tags own name before. Aglet. Live and learn. Thanks Janey. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement