Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OM NYOM NOM NOM Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was in a shop in Sunday's Well in Cork yesterday that sold Mountain Dew and Cherry 7Up. never had them before so thought I'd try them.

Mountain Dew tastes like Sprite mixed with Disprin. Not a big fan.

Cherry 7Up was quite nice though. I like fizzy cherry flavoured things.
    The one by the post office? I was there yesterday too, and I bought Cherry 7Up ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mizzoni's calzone combo. A pizza, folded in half, with chips, garlic sauce and a can of whatever for €10.10. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

How delicious does the opening scene of Willy Wonka look? :o

I prefer the new directors cut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Namlub wrote: »
    The one by the post office? I was there yesterday too, and I bought Cherry 7Up ^_^

Yup, that's the one.

Very strange shop. It's weird to see DVDs to rent in a convenience store. We only went there because my Dad was collecting me from UCC and on the way my sister wanted to stop somewhere for a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Cherry 7Up was quite nice though. I like fizzy cherry flavoured things.

I want! :eek: Mmmmmm or cherry tango :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Last night for dinner I went to this place called Papas Fortuny. It's a take-away baked potato place and the potatoes are HUGE. As in I've never seen a potato this big and I couldn't finish it.
    For €3.40 I got one with ali-oli, ham, sweet-corn, cheese, grated carrot, brava sauce (not sure what that is though) and what I think was grated beetroot. I know it sounds really wierd but it was AMAZING. Next time I get one I'm going to take a picture before I eat it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

DeliLites does the nicest sandwiches ever! I think it's the bread. :)

illiop wrote: »
    Last night for dinner I went to this place called Papas Fortuny. It's a take-away baked potato place and the potatoes are HUGE. As in I've never seen a potato this big and I couldn't finish it.
    For €3.40 I got one with ali-oli, ham, sweet-corn, cheese, grated carrot, brava sauce (not sure what that is though) and what I think was grated beetroot. I know it sounds really wierd but it was AMAZING. Next time I get one I'm going to take a picture before I eat it...

You just reminded me that I've a jar of ali-oli that I brought back from holidays that I haven't gotten round to having any of yet. That stuff is seriously nyom.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Nicest chocolate I've ever tasted - even nicer than Milka

2790_dtl_400x157_northerner.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

]
    defo. can't be good for you though, i get head-aches if I eat more than 3 pieces :(

I made this tonight

32CCB39031F1422F9BA6A7F6E1EE40E1-0000316660-0002044898-00500L-E683D4EB5D2E4653971D8D01B2F65526.jpg

FBB4EB40BB7C4A3E8A7D55EB5D310A16-0000316660-0002044896-00500L-B429D9D89EAD41BAAF244AE3C77167FC.jpg

It's a chocolate cake with a chocolate custardy type thing in between each layer and on top. It's very nyommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Could you please link/post a recipe for that cake? It looks AMAZING. :)

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Could you please link/post a recipe for that cake? It looks AMAZING. :)

Sure, I'll throw it into the recipes thread now so I don't clog this one up too much :)
    The recipe is here if anyone else is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

physalis_fruit.jpg_e_cc7c23f2dc3eea7b87c929cede920558.jpg

Most delicious fruit of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Gotta say missin the KitKat chunky peanut butter sooooo good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

0029646_300.jpg

Contains: Dried apricot, sunflower seeds, dried cranberry, pumpkin seeds, hazlenut, cashew nuts, almonds, pine nuts and brazil nuts.

Epic healthy eating buzz.

Ooh I love all those dried fruit things tesco have. There's one that has cherries which is so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

IMG_3571.JPG
    Why, Tesco, do you make these so tasty? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I was on a no carb diet to lose a bit of weight before going back to my regular diet of eating everything that isn't poisonous and have sampled a whole host of foods today that are godlike.

:pac: :pac: :pac: Doughnuts. Scones. Bread. Milk. Food of gods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

apple_str.jpg
    Nom nom nom Apple Strudel
    *Drools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

3920800814_55a755955f.jpg

Oh, Wispa Gold, where have they taken you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

king_14.png

(Except the Tayto version, not Kings!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Swedish chocolate is the best there is.

Plopp_Close-up.jpg

EDIT: Uh ohes, it's big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Swedish chocolate is the best there is.

EDIT: Uh ohes, it's big.

It just makes it ever MORRRE amazing! Nom nom nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

1287597630_jwoww-290.jpg

She's not a celebrity crush..

She's just om nyom nom nom..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Nutella on toast with milk.

Delishhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MountainDew

Chicago Town Takeaway Style

In the oven as I type this ;)

NOMz

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Singapore Fried Noodles \o/

2084377358_70e36bc434.jpg

Replace the prawns with fried chicken in satay sauce and you'll imagine what I made for dinner. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

i have a long list:
    -Mochas
    -Haagen Das Dulce de Leche icecream ( don't know what dulce de leche meanns, but whatever it is is gawwwwwjussssssss XD)
    -Melted Mini Marshmellows on a Chocolate toffee hobnob (indulgentt)
    -Chicago town deep dish peperoni pizza
    -Scones with strawberry jam and cream om nom nom
    -Orange and mint hot chocolate on a rainy day :)
    -Brik Pizza from tunisia ( :( made in my fav restauraunt in tunisia, only get it once a year, its made from this really light crispy pastry thats almost seethrough folded into a pocket with melted cheese, ham, chorizo, tomatoes and sweetcorn inside :O)
    -Breaded Brie with cranberry sauce nom nom at xmas :D

i like to eat XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Been up since 7:30am so I'm hungry now.. I might get a muffin from the shop :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I made Kate's muffins!
    http://omnyomnyom.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/low-fat-carrot-cake-muffins/

I think I used a little too much carrot, but they turned out so, so, so well, and my fwiends loved them. So good. I used "Pure" vegan spread and lactose-free milk, but like, so good. It's usually so hard to bake without having to use butter or condensed milk or what have you, so these were unreal.

Kate, you're a genius. All hail the glorious kateos2.

bythewoods wrote: »
    I made Kate's muffins!
    http://omnyomnyom.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/low-fat-carrot-cake-muffins/

I think I used a little too much carrot, but they turned out so, so, so well, and my fwiends loved them. So good. I used "Pure" vegan spread and lactose-free milk, but like, so good. It's usually so hard to bake without having to use butter or condensed milk or what have you, so these were unreal.

Kate, you're a genius. All hail the glorious kateos2.

Yay,. I'm glad you liked them and they turned out well. :D

I too made Kateos2's pecan and raspberry whities, but I didn't have pecan nuts so I used pine nuts and it turned out as nommy! I made like a christmas cake dish worth on Saturday and it's all gone now..

There was a lot in it.. :P My family ate lots but then people were calling over and brought it away too!

Lemon meringue pie is teh sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Aftr my niece's christening Saturday night, my family went for dinner.
    Starter was lovely.
    Main course was lovely.
    But the dessert was something else.

Malteser & Toblerone cheesecake; it was.. *drools on keyboard* ...fantasssstfuiwefiojfdjfhnaelhrqh23o423ojsdjfvnsdgye5......

A similarly orgasmic dessert is Mars Bar cheesecake in Scoozi's restaurant in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cadburys Easter Egg chocolate

OmNomNomNomNomNomNom :)

5CB712C3-C1FC-F215-FF3EBE4F34B43CDE.jpg

These are on offer in tesco at the moment and I'm well on my way to becoming addicted to them. So good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I have a challenge which for Kate... I'd certainly like to see THESE featured on the blog:

361144942.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312163053&Signature=oJzwXpyeDYCS45OMlQYAwh2N0Q4%3D

I have a challenge which for Kate... I'd certainly like to see THESE featured on the blog:

361144942.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312163053&Signature=oJzwXpyeDYCS45OMlQYAwh2N0Q4%3D

I just realised I don't think I ever completed your last challenge D: I must get around to that!

My icing skills are pretty terrible so if I attempted those Harry Potter cupcakes they probably wouldn't look anything like they were meant to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Am I the only one who can't see that image ?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

They're cupcakes with icing that look like Harry Potter characters..! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Nope, I can't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Cheesy beans on toast. Nommy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

With today being a bank holiday, I foolishly forgot that shops would close earlier etc and that I had to get something for dinner. By the time I got round to it, only one place was open, a place notoriously for its shockingly high prices and gorgeous food

So now, my dinner will consist of M&S cookies, M&S soup, and M&S steak. Heaven. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Just made myself a strawberry and raspberry smoothie. It's so good:cool:

• Advertisement

Made myself the simplest ever pasta sauce today. All it is is tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable stock cube, garlic and sugar, but it's so good just to make up and have with pasta for a quick home-made lunch.
    NOM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Had homemade chips and chicken.

The sickening feeling you get when you get lumps at the end of your milk glass

I made a Thai beef green curry with Thai noodles and cashew nuts for dinner.. :) It was nice, but it was a bit too spicy for some of my family. :o

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I made a Thai beef green curry with Thai noodles and cashew nuts for dinner.. :) It was nice, but it was a bit too spicy for some of my family. :o

The spicier the better! :)

Noel2k9 wrote: »

I thought green curry was supposed to be the mild one though? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement