Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Big Planet - Playing online

Options
  • 06-09-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I'm curious to know from those still playing the game if you play it online with other players. I've been trying to play the levels online recently and it never works. Not once.

Every time the game freezes until the host quits and then it says I'm the new leader. Does it ever work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Synesis

Exact same for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Are you guys connecting over wireless? If you are you may need to open ports on your router. What's your connection speed like? You can test it at speedtest.net. I play LBP online all the time, although it can be quite laggy depending on who you're playing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

GothPunk wrote: »
    Are you guys connecting over wireless? If you are you may need to open ports on your router. What's your connection speed like? You can test it at speedtest.net. I play LBP online all the time, although it can be quite laggy depending on who you're playing with.

I've never had a problem with any other online game whether on PSN, Live or on Wii.

Is it a special case with Little Big Planet online that you need to open ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Synesis

No problems with other games either. LBP is different in that online games are not hosted on servers, its player to player. I've set my PS3 into DMZ and still got problems..

@Josey Wales..
    Whats your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Synesis wrote: »

@Josey Wales..
    Whats your ISP?

I'm with BT Broadband, soon to be taken over by Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Is this game worth picking up or waiting for the GOTY edition with the DLC. Does the GOTY edition come with the MGS maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

rizzla wrote: »
    Is this game worth picking up or waiting for the GOTY edition with the DLC.

If the GOTY comes with free DLC then I'd wait. The game is very good. The platforming isn't really anything amazing. Rather it's more of a showcase of what you, the player, could create in the level designer. The MGS pack is definitely a must have. Gameplay wise I found it better than most of the original game.

I meant to get into designing levels but the time investment was just too great. Plus when you look at some of the levels out there the boolean logic used in them is just crazy. It started to feel too much like hard work.

Oh, back on topic, I never had any issues with connecting online.

Advertisement