Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ODST Sgt. Johnson Pre-Order Bonus

• 06-09-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    have ye had any info on stores in Ireland that'll be getting the Johnson pre-order bonus for Firefight?

The UK stores listed on bungie.net that are getting it are
    Game, Gamestation, Amazon, Play.

I asked yesterday in Game and while the assitant was aware of the bonus, he was not sure/hinting that they might not be getting it.
    Any help with this would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

we're probably not gona get it

just a hunch, although i did pre order it with the controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Seems that both Game and Gamestop have done a u-turn on this and are offering the Sgt. Johnson pre-order bonus.
    Gamestop seem to have an ODST console skin bonus too...

Coolio basically.

where did ya find it out, i already pre ordred it in Game!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Does anyone know if Gamesnash are doing the Sgt. Johnson pre-order?

what do you actually ask for in the bonus

it seems ive pre ordered halo with the halo controller and it has a pre demo of reach on it too

i thought that would be the johnson thing too, is it a seperate thing that you have to ask for?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Does anyone know if Gamesnash are doing the Sgt. Johnson pre-order?

Yep ! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what is this pre-order bonus exactly?

http://cdn.haloodst.xbox.com/odst/index.html

everyone get that email from xbox!?

ITS AMAZING

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ninwilky

ive seen the bonus advertised on online shops but not in stores....

i ordered mine in game so im hoping you get it with in store copies too

o0o not long left now, games open at 12am tomorrow thats only 6 hours and 22 mins.... don't think ill go thats just to nerdy

but i pre ordered it and the dude rang and i asked about the bonus stuff you should get the code or token or whatever for the bonus thing and you can get codes to take part in halo beta next year too...

go to the bungie site and it mentions game and gamestop as shops taking part in the bonus... so once you pre ordered it it shud be ok... im sure you can get it normally anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Weaselator

Got an email from Gamesnash last night saying the following, bit of a pain!
    Do you have a date for when these will be sent Pat?
    Thank you very much for placing your pre order with us for Halo 3 ODST. You may be aware of a special pre order bonus which microsoft were offering with this title to receive a unique code to unlock Sgt. Johnson as a playable character in the game. Unfortunately Microsoft did not ship the special scratch cards to the Irish distributors along with the game. Rather than delaying dispatch of your game we shipped this today and will forward the bonus unlock code as soon as we receive it. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Gamesnash

Microsoft are sending us the cards today so with a bit of luck we will have them by thursday if not tomorrow. What we will do is scratch them and email the code directly to save time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I blagged a free one via Game in dundrum, they said there were a few left over so if your in a rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

quarryman wrote: »
    what is this pre-order bonus exactly?

Microsoft and Bungie announced today that those who pre-order Halo 3: ODST at participating retailers, will receive a token to unlock Sgt. Johnson as a playable character in the new cooperative multiplayer mode Firefight.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19985/Halo-3-ODST-PreOrder-Bonus-Announced/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I picked up copies for me and a friend in Game today and they gave me codes for each copy. Only one was pre-ordered, so they must've had loads to spare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Whats the best price anyone has seen in a bricks and mortar shop anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Hi Guys

this bonus is limited supply so what shops got thats all they get same with all offer "while stocks last"

Just to let you know all our pre orders should have received the bonus code to the email address provided at the time the order was placed. If anyone has any issues drop me a PM. :)

Advertisement