Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

LFC Murphy wrote: »

The are going down 20 Feet the are moving the rock to mahanagh where the are doing the bridge There is a lot of flooding in These Area during the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

m17 wrote: »
    The are going down 20 Feet the are moving the rock to mahanagh where the are doing the bridge There is a lot of flooding in These Area during the winter

I was told its a 15 metre cut, that area is liable to flooding but its worse as you go closer to Tuam <Cloonkeen North>,

Major Works starting at the new kiltiernen junction june 29th there will be a reduced speed limit of 60 kph in force 1km on both approaches to the junction on the n18 These will Last for 12 months sounds like there will be speed Cams on poles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Major Works starting at the new kiltiernen junction june 29th there will be a reduced speed limit of 60 kph in force 1km on both approaches to the junction on the n18 These will Last for 12 months sounds like there will be speed Cams on poles

Why are doing a road to tuam in fairness how much traffic goes from gort to tuam waste of money

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

audi12 wrote: »
    Why are doing a road to tuam in fairness how much traffic goes from gort to tuam waste of money

It isn't the traffic from Gort to Tuam that justifies this!

It's the Galway - Tuam; Limerick/Shannon-Galway and all those places that will be linked into the national motorway grid.

It is also part of an eventual Western corridor that will go from Cork to Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

audi12 wrote:

Fantastic comment..... please check facts before commenting, else Itll be perceived as trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Mrs Dempsey

audi12 wrote: »

Ardrahan - Corofin is the primary justification - please pay attention. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Ardrahan - Corofin is the primary justification - please pay attention. ;)

Ah go on ! Whats the story ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

LFC Murphy wrote: »

Great stuff!!

It would be fantastic if next time they filmed the blasting itself. It should be possible to fly drone in the safe distance.

• Advertisement

About 1.5kms it will take them around 10 months

This 1,5 km, is it on this stretch alone or all of the blasting zones added together?

Here:
    http://www.directroutegorttotuam.ie/roadworks2.aspx
    they list various blasting locations. It sound like quite a lot of places. I didn't realize that terrain is so challenging there.

Geogregor wrote: »
    This 1,5 km, is it on this stretch alone or all of the blasting zones added together?

Here:
    http://www.directroutegorttotuam.ie/roadworks2.aspx
    they list various blasting locations. It sound like quite a lot of places. I didn't realize that terrain is so challenging there.
    In this 1.5km strectch there will be 2 underpass, there are blasting about 0.5kms of where the you tube video was shot

Work on mahangh Bridge pic 1 09/06/15 pic 2 30/06/15

I have taken 2 pics at laraghmore 2 kms south of annagh hill

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

"N17 Blast Video" worth a look on u Tube, blasting at Mahanagh. Dont ask me for a link!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Great to see them working at the start of the road in Gort. I will try to grab some pics around Coole

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭whatstherush

f2 wrote: »
    "N17 Blast Video" worth a look on u Tube, blasting at Mahanagh. Dont ask me for a link!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

D Trent wrote: »

Finishing early shouldn't be a problem. February 2018 as a finish date is strange anyway. Some finishing works (for example painting the lines) will be difficult in winter weather with its frequent and heavy rains.
    I think they should easily finish in autumn 2017. It is still more than 2 years away.

Bridge at managh corofin 13/07/15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Bridge at managh corofin 13/07/15

I don't think your dog likes being tied up!!! :eek:;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

MMFITWGDV wrote: »

He seems to be working on his escape!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭35x

Work seems to be developing at the M6 intersection..... two sets of pillars under way.....some serious reinforcing bars in them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

MMFITWGDV wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi,

At the Northern end of the Tuam bypass there is a proposed road just North of the roundabout. Does anyone know what the purpose of this road is?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

At the Northern end of the Tuam bypass there is a proposed road just North of the roundabout. Does anyone know what the purpose of this road is?

It is a private realigned access into that large house on the RHS. That entrance was never built despite the house being there 10-12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gerobrien25

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it the entrance to the house/farm that is very near that roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Is it the entrance to the house/farm that is very near that roundabout

See the aerial below.
    The new entrance will be taken further back North to increase the distance from the roundabout.

Rathmorrisey 17/07/15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

I see roadbridge are making grate progress with earthworks and bridges
    down the other end wills bros are getting trought the earthworks but lagans arnt doing much regarding bridges and they are pricking about
    Sisk are in a bad position the have afew bridges started but the earthworks is just not happening cant get any plant and machinery
    rumours has it Roadbridge and Wills bros have tender for the earthworks weather that is true or not i dont know

Advertisement