Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

m17 wrote: »
    Rathmorrisey 17/07/15

Nice to see progress there.

Do you guys have any drawings of this junction? I guess roundabout will be on the middle level of the junction and the north-south flyover (carrying M17/18) on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Geogregor wrote: »
    Nice to see progress there.

Do you guys have any drawings of this junction? I guess roundabout will be on the middle level of the junction and the north-south flyover (carrying M17/18) on top of it.

You guessed right

I taken more pics around corofin pic 1 and 2 top of mahangh bridge pic 3 rock processing pic 4 road before mahangh bridge pic 5 there down 30 feet

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

I taken more pics around corofin pic 1 and 2 top of mahangh bridge pic 3 rock processing pic 4 road before mahangh bridge pic 5 there down 30 feet

Good snaps ....well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

That's great progress. The south side seems so far behind that.

• Advertisement

Direct route have updated there web site

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Can you post a link. Tried googling but to no avail

Goofy wrote: »
    Can you post a link. Tried googling but to no avail

http://www.directroutegorttotuam.ie/Newsletter.aspx

There 6 months in to this project I have taken 3 pics outside corofin to show how much roadbridge have done pic1 16/01/15 pic2 26/04/15 pic3 20/07/15

There 6 months in to this project I have taken 3 pics outside corofin to show how much roadbridge have done pic1 16/01/15 pic2 26/04/15 pic3 20/07/15

they really look to be making far netter progress down your side than down the Gort side

• Advertisement

glineli wrote: »

There are some interesting shots in the gallery:

http://www.directroutegorttotuam.ie/Gallery.aspx

Are they recent??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Are they recent??

The date each photo was taken is in the caption underneath. :rolleyes:

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    The date each photo was taken is in the caption underneath. :rolleyes:

Ups silly me...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Are they recent??

Any idea what the "Grassland receptor site" in Rinville park is? I am familiar with the area in the photo just no idea of its relevance to the project. I see there is a "Grassland translocation site" in Ardrahan, what is its relevance?
    Even the badger sett, is this to house displaced badgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

kippy wrote: »

No, it is to house endangered snails from Naas.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭what_traffic

kippy wrote: »
    Any idea what the "Grassland receptor site" in Rinville park is? I am familiar with the area in the photo just no idea of its relevance to the project. I see there is a "Grassland translocation site" in Ardrahan, what is its relevance?

It's moving turf from one site(Ardrahan) to another(Rinville). Transplanting Wild flowers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cenahs

drive it regularly

anything but quiet if you ask me

the land is there and all to make the sliproads there are no houses in the way or anything
    they have all the hard work done with the bridge etc and the 2 roads are fairly straight where they intersect

I noticed the works at the R446 is labelled as "M18 R446 Old Dublin Road Interchange" on one of the photos the website's gallery; would suggest there will be a junction. However, that is not consistent with what people have posted here or with the list of junctions on the main website so I'd guess just an error. However, you'd imagine it would make sense to have a junction there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This scheme seems to be progressing incredibly well.

One of the best things about this scheme is how little work is involved at the Gort tie in. It's ready to go already with even the signage done for the unopened M18. Impressive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

marno21 wrote: »
    This scheme seems to be progressing incredibly well.

One of the best things about this scheme is how little work is involved at the Gort tie in. It's ready to go already with even the signage done for the unopened M18. Impressive stuff.

No harm that someone was thinking ahead for a change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

marno21 wrote: »
    +1. They've even painted the road on the southbound lanes!
    356551.png
    (Photo courtesy of Bing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

This is early 2015 imagery of the section just North of the Gort junction in the previous post. As far as the Coole Haven road. The image is newer than the google maps or bing imagery. Thought some might like to see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

serfboard wrote: »
    +1. They've even painted the road on the southbound lanes!
    356551.png
    (Photo courtesy of Bing)

Even more spooky - there seems to be two cars southbound on the exit ramp :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The good news is that wasn't actually the plan... the plan was for the Crusheen - Gort scheme to only build one roundabout and half the carriageway, then for the (then) Oranmore - Gort scheme to finish the junction. At least someone had a bit of sense, there will basically be no disruption at all the way it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,752 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Even more spooky - there seems to be two cars southbound on the exit ramp :eek:

Those are large arrows, I think.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The good news is that wasn't actually the plan... the plan was for the Crusheen - Gort scheme to only build one roundabout and half the carriageway, then for the (then) Oranmore - Gort scheme to finish the junction. At least someone had a bit of sense, there will basically be no disruption at all the way it is!
    I presume at the time as well tho the NRA were expecting the M18 Gort - Rathmorrissey to open a long time before 2018.

L1011 wrote: »
    Those are large arrows, I think.

Hmmm....I think you're right :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Irish_rat wrote: »

How wide is this structure going to be? These green bridges becoming more common on motorway schemes that split habitats.

How wide is this structure going to be? These green bridges becoming more common on motorway schemes that split habitats.

I never realised that bats can't fly across wide roads. One lives and learns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Irish_rat wrote: »

Where is this particular bridge ?

It's the daftest thing I've ever heard , kept looking at the date of article to see was it April fools

Advertisement