Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

The flyover at carthymore near the sisk yard

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

vertical drainage rig, galway road outta Tuam

vertical drainage rig, galway road outta Tuam

Great to see an Irish flag and not a Spanish one

There making good progress around rathmorrisy 16/10/15

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

The three stack rqthmorrisey job
    Can anyone point out some similar junction anywhere. I cant quite picture the end result yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

m17 wrote: »
    I presume the 'pillars' are for the M17/M18 mainline running over the centre of the junction and the less tall bank of earth is for one of the roundabout bridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Ballinphuil%20bridge.jpg
    Bridge at Ballinphuil Corofin taking shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭nowecant

Progress on this seems to be flying ahead, or is it just me?

Must be all the good weather we are having. If they can keep progressing with the earth works at the rate that they are and move the work to other areas when it gets wet it could be in line for an early opening maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vilnian

Hey guys, I've been an observer of this thread for the last couple of years now, recently I've bought my first drone, I tried to upload a couple of pictures here from today, but they won't allow me to put any URL's or attachments as I'm a new user, I posted a few of them into the Irish Forum on Skyscrapercity (under Ireland's new Motorway Network thread), feel free to check out :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I see there's clearance at the edge of the bridges to allow for future widening of the M6 to 6 lanes. Seems that way anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 curiousjay

guylikeme wrote:
    The three stack rqthmorrisey job Can anyone point out some similar junction anywhere. I cant quite picture the end result yet

To my knowledge it will be the first of its kind in the country. Probably some examples in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Great shots. Good to see them making steady progress.
    It will get really interesting once the beams are be in place.

Geogregor wrote: »
    Great shots. Good to see them making steady progress.
    It will get really interesting once the beams are be in place.

That will be done by the 6th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Vilnian wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been an observer of this thread for the last couple of years now, recently I've bought my first drone, I tried to upload a couple of pictures here from today, but they won't allow me to put any URL's or attachments as I'm a new user, I posted a few of them into the Irish Forum on Skyscrapercity (under Ireland's new Motorway Network thread), feel free to check out :)

This your post here? http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=127905378&postcount=1078

Good shots!

(photo resizing, any photo editing software will resize photos for you. Most forums allow 800pix max longside for uploads. Basic windows paint software will also resize photos for you)

mayo.mick wrote: »
    This your post here? http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=127905378&postcount=1078

Good shots!

(photo resizing, any photo editing software will resize photos for you. Most forums allow 800pix max longside for uploads. Basic windows paint software will also resize photos for you)

Looking at those pics there still a good bit behind the northern section

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vilnian

mayo.mick wrote: »
    This your post here?

Good shots!

They are indeed

Thanks for the constructive feedback, I'm still working on that, and will certainly know for the future reference :)

Direct route newsletter q4 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

Lot of activity at the Rathmorrissey interchange leading up to the installation of main spans in a few weeks time.

On the Eastbound carriageway they have pretty much laid down the off-ramp - assuming that needs to be ready to receive the various bits and pieces that will be needed for the bridge construction.

Few pictures from today (really need to clean my windscreen)

Bridge over the grange river between corofin and tuam

Great shots of the m17 form annagh hill to the tuam bypass on YouTube type in Robert lally video is about 20 mins long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Taytomal

Does anyone know the dates and times of the upcoming closures? I've passed the signs three times already and still didn't get to read it!!!!!! Am I too fast or is the sign too slow???!!

The second underpass at ballinaphuil corofin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Taytomal wrote: »
    Does anyone know the dates and times of the upcoming closures?

And why is there no information anywhere online?

Bridge over the Galway to dublin railway line near athenry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Savage work done so far, Thanks for the photos..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Bridge over the Galway to dublin railway line near athenry

Is that bridge wide enough for future dual tracking? (Ignore the fact that pigs may fly before CIE quote for that again)

Mahangh bridge corofin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Is that bridge wide enough for future dual tracking? (Ignore the fact that pigs may fly before CIE quote for that again)

Looking at the photo, the track is clearly off to one side with enough room the other side for a track.

Advertisement