Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sonnyblack

Where are road bridge starting. Is it on the gort side? Hopefully they'll finish first and get a section open early

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Found the location of your photo.
    In the aerial photo to the south, the track of the future motorway has been marked out in many places.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

sonnyblack wrote: »
    Where are road bridge starting. Is it on the gort side? Hopefully they'll finish first and get a section open early
    As far as i know Roadbridge starting in tuam ,sisk in the middle and lagan doing the gort side

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Boys out putting up usual big sign about funding and saying opening in 2018, today on Milltown side of tuam...

Pete2k wrote: »
    Boys out putting up usual big sign about funding and saying opening in 2018, today on Milltown side of tuam...

The most important part of the project

• Advertisement

Pete2k wrote: »

Any chance we will see Tuam bypass completed first ?, it only a couple of km from the milltown side to the N17 on the other side of Tuam.

EDIT: Just found the info here, looks like it will.

http://claregalway.info/nuacht/news/2014/11/work-tuam-pass-start-january-2015/

Well i dont know where the have hidden the machinery the brought from the port of cork but know sign of it in the compound

Well i dont know where Roadbridge have hidden the machinery the brought from the port of cork but know sign of it in the compound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

busyatwork wrote: »
    Well i dont know where Roadbridge have hidden the machinery the brought from the port of cork but know sign of it in the compound

They have to hide it good out of sight from the <--deleted Mod!--->

D Trent wrote: »
    They have to hide it good out of sight from the tinkers

I have seen nearly all the site today and bar a few gate ways there is **** all going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

There was a serious amount of work done today close to where I took pictures earlier in the week. I'll try get pics of it tomorrow! It seems a lot of work going on from kiltiernan back to Gort!

Also, on dept of welfare website loads of construction jobs, machinery drivers etc advertises in Gort area.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Mrs Dempsey

I have seen nearly all the site today and bar a few gate ways there is **** all going on
    ratracer wrote: »
    There was a serious amount of work done today close to where I took pictures earlier in the week. I'll try get pics of it tomorrow! It seems a lot of work going on from kiltiernan back to Gort!

Also, on dept of welfare website loads of construction jobs, machinery drivers etc advertises in Gort area.

Two men look through prison bars
    One sees mud the other stars

Mud being progress ;-)

They didnt seemed to have much done this evening a few hedges pulled out ,i presume they are setting up another compound,,,

on the jobs front ,they done the same thing on the ballaballahdeereen bypass put out loads of notices on dept of welfare website and even had loads of recruitment agencies recruiting
    about a hand full of lads got jobs 5 at best ,,these large companies already have plenty of men but have to make it look like they are creating jobs in the local area

They didnt seemed to have much done this evening a few hedges pulled out ,i presume they are setting up another compound,,,

on the jobs front ,they done the same thing on the ballaballahdeereen bypass put out loads of notices on dept of welfare website and even had loads of recruitment agencies recruiting
    about a hand full of lads got jobs 5 at best ,,these large companies already have plenty of men but have to make it look like they are creating jobs in the local area

Sound!

I have no idea how construction projects work, I'm judging progress by what I'm seeing in the last few days near me. Pretty big changes from the green fields that were there!

Sound!

I have no idea how construction projects work, I'm judging progress by what I'm seeing in the last few days near me. Pretty big changes from the green fields that were there!

A shur we mighten be lookin in the same spot :)
    A few pictures will tell the progress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Wall knocked on the way into Coole park in the right had side and some marking down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

D Trent wrote: »
    They have to hide it good out of sight from the <--deleted Mod!--->

<-Mod->

I don't want to see the use of this word again on the forum, otherwise I will have to hand out infractions and bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gerobrien25

Where is the location of the compound in Tuam as a matter of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Where is the location of the compound in Tuam as a matter of interest

Behind the TOp service station on Galway road

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gerobrien25

red bull wrote: »
    Behind the TOp service station on Galway road

Thanks, I thought I saw a lot of digger in at the back of that area on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I thought I saw a lot of digger in at the back of that area on Wednesday.

Ya did 3 excavoters and on 22 ton jcb dumper and a few other small bits ,,but there there since the start

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I actually took a picture of it last Friday but haven't figured out how to add pictures to boards. If someone helps me, I can be the Northside photographer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    I actually took a picture of it last Friday but haven't figured out how to add pictures to boards. If someone helps me, I can be the Northside photographer :D

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

You didn't make this a link...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

5E4efX_thumb.jpg

Tuam Depot

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Some works started in the past week beside Mother Hubbards on Galway Craughwell road. Southern side only.

Some works started in the past week beside Mother Hubbards on Galway Craughwell road. Southern side only.

i thing thats where lagans compound will be

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ballyb15

i thing thats where lagans compound will be

A someone who travels from Tralee to Sligo 6/7 times a year, this development is welcome. I have waved goodbye to Castleisland, Limerick, Ennis and Gort and cant wait to do the same to Clairnbridge, Claregalway, & Tuam to mention a few others. How close to Mother Hubbards/Kilcolgan will the new M18 be. Will there be an exit for Kilcolgan?? (I ask as its a convenient place to stop about half way and child friendly!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 varioguard

I am so disappointed with the new M18 / M6 interchange...
    it is a roundabout not a free flow junction
    Doesnt look good
    When changing motorways you need to stop at the roundabout...

• Advertisement

Ballyb15 wrote: »
    A someone who travels from Tralee to Sligo 6/7 times a year, this development is welcome. I have waved goodbye to Castleisland, Limerick, Ennis and Gort and cant wait to do the same to Clairnbridge, Claregalway, & Tuam to mention a few others. How close to Mother Hubbards/Kilcolgan will the new M18 be. Will there be an exit for Kilcolgan?? (I ask as its a convenient place to stop about half way and child friendly!!)

The nearest exit to Mother Hubbards will be at Kiltiernan, about 4km south of it.

Advertisement