Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ballyb15

ratracer wrote: »
    The nearest exit to Mother Hubbards will be at Kiltiernan, about 4km south of it.

Thanks for your reply. Thats not too bad. I have not heard of any plans for a large service station (Similiar to Barach Obama in Moneygall) on the M18 so I assume one will have to come off the motor way to dine etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Ballyb15 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. Thats not too bad. I have not heard of any plans for a large service station (Similiar to Barach Obama in Moneygall) on the M18 so I assume one will have to come off the motor way to dine etc.

Oh rest assured Pat has big plans for the Ennis/Lehinch junction on M18

http://www.clare.fm/news/supermacs-chief-has-big-plans-clare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

What I can see from the road, all the trees etc have been removed along the route from Kiltartan to Kiltiernan this week, walls and ditches have been removed and temporary fencing installed, and two houses demolished and cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 klutch

i was in tuam today and only a handful of machines parked in that compound, a bit of work where the old mother hubbards was on old dublin road to craughwell, and i was in by coole park where there was a wall knocked, anyone know where they are going setting up compound in gort and clare galway, kieran reidy who moves machines for roadbridge had a volvo a40e up on low loader heading from dublin to limerick yestrday, any sign of dumpers up around the gort job yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

I dont think there will be a compound in Claregalway there is one near Corofin

• Advertisement

red bull wrote: »
    I dont think there will be a compound in Claregalway there is one near Corofin
    Roadbridge have an address at Hanley's Yard in Claregalway http://www.roadbridge.ie/contact-us.aspx big grey old building on the Tuam side of the village.
    Someone asked me today if I knew where Roadbridge was and I hadn't a clue. I had to look it up.

pity i didnt see this yard in claregalway today when i passed through i would have liked to have seen were the plant that came from new canadonia there?

klutch wrote: »
    pity i didnt see this yard in claregalway today when i passed through i would have liked to have seen were the plant that came from new canadonia there?
    I havn't checked - you can't see much from the road anyways - there are commercial units to the front and a big gate to the side.

Roadbridge offices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

i was in tuam today and only a handful of machines parked in that compound, a bit of work where the old mother hubbards was on old dublin road to craughwell, and i was in by coole park where there was a wall knocked, anyone know where they are going setting up compound in gort and clare galway, kieran reidy who moves machines for roadbridge had a volvo a40e up on low loader heading from dublin to limerick yestrday, any sign of dumpers up around the gort job yet?
    Chattin to any of the boys at road bridge it will take a bit of time to get things started and muck moving and they say it easyer move muck in good weather and the days get long
    Did anyone think that the compound in tuam seems a bit small
    Any road projects i work on you could get lost in the compound

• Advertisement

is that Gary McTigues yard where the compound in gort is? ya tis small allright

is that Gary McTigues yard where the compound in gort is? ya tis small allright
    Didnt know mc tigues had a compound in gort
    i am on about Roadbridges ccompound in tuam

sorry head is fried i ment to type tuam not gort

sorry head is fried i ment to type tuam not gort

Mickey Mannions yard

red bull wrote: »
    Mickey Mannions yard

Is that that Roadbridges yard

ya thats the yard we were talking about , the back of the top shop in tuam were roadbridges offices are

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭boosabum

Was talking to a chap over the weekend who has an interview this week with an agency for one of the contractors. Was told it would be 12 hour shifts, so looks like as the OP said, alot will be done when the weather gets better and the days longer

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

A someone who travels from Tralee to Sligo 6/7 times a year, this development is welcome. I have waved goodbye to Castleisland, Limerick, Ennis and Gort and cant wait to do the same to Clairnbridge, Claregalway, & Tuam to mention a few others. How close to Mother Hubbards/Kilcolgan will the new M18 be. Will there be an exit for Kilcolgan?? (I ask as its a convenient place to stop about half way and child friendly!!)

The area I mentioned is next to the closed Mother H's on the old Dublin road. Sorry. Big detour to Kilcolgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Most importantly they have the project sign up on the M6 now as well.
    It's near where the junction will be, heading eastbound it's on a hill next to one of the existing overpasses.
    It was dark when I was heading back west and I didn't spot if they have one on that side yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

Ground clearing works started on the Ardrahan section last week. Safety notices on both sides of the current road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

A someone who travels from Tralee to Sligo 6/7 times a year, this development is welcome. I have waved goodbye to Castleisland, Limerick, Ennis and Gort and cant wait to do the same to Clairnbridge, Claregalway, & Tuam to mention a few others. How close to Mother Hubbards/Kilcolgan will the new M18 be. Will there be an exit for Kilcolgan?? (I ask as its a convenient place to stop about half way and child friendly!!)

The Kiltiernan exit will be very close to Kilcolgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

The old school at Kiltiernan getting knocked down this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Paddico

D Trent wrote: »
    Oh rest assured Pat has big plans for the Ennis/Lehinch junction on M18

http://www.clare.fm/news/supermacs-chief-has-big-plans-clare

Pat's nothing but a greedy bastard. 11 chips for 3 euro.
    Here's to more independent chippers about the place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Paddico wrote: »
    Pat's nothing but a greedy bastard. 11 chips for 3 euro.

Haha love it. :D

Go easy on him Mods - you gotta admit that was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

This has got to be the most exciting road scheme for a long time, probably since the inter-urban network was completed. The coverage on here so far is very meagre to say the least. I was expecting a bit more in pictorial updates.

56km of motorway will open the west right up to unbelievable access from North-South.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    56km of motorway will open the west right up to unbelievable access from North-South.

While its a good start its a long way from Tuam - Sligo - Derry on a poor road. When completed motorway access will still barely creep above the southern half of the country. A decent road from Belfast - Sligo would give real North - South access and help tie the island together.

This has got to be the most exciting road scheme for a long time, probably since the inter-urban network was completed. The coverage on here so far is very meagre to say the least. I was expecting a bit more in pictorial updates.

Pictoriel updates of what not much to see yet ,a few more machines on site today we brought them from the job in athlone
    there isnt much point in moving muck its easyer move dry clay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

While its a good start its a long way from Tuam - Sligo. A decent road from Belfast - Sligo would give real North - South access.

Collooney-Curry is a truly bad section which should get prioritized right after the M17 is completed to Tuam.

Claremorris and Knock bypass should be okay for an online type-2 dual upgrade.

2+2 bypasses of Miltown, Ballindine and Charlestown are then needed.

Sligo to Belfast is a non-runner

Collooney-Curry is a truly bad section which should get prioritized right after the M17 is completed to Tuam.

Claremorris and Knock bypass should be okay for an online type-2 dual upgrade.

2+2 bypasses of Miltown, Ballindine and Charlestown are then needed.

Sligo to Belfast is a non-runner

Why is sligo to belfast a non runner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Indeed, if anything most of Northern section of that route is already dualler (M1 to Dungannon, A4 from Dungannon to Ballygawley is already dual-carriageway. There's talk of 2+1 from Ballygawley to Enniskillen as well as a 2+1 bypass around the south of Enniskillen.

Advertisement