Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

busyatwork wrote: »
    What would bord Na Mona do with it if the took it

Peat moss, briquettes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

antoobrien wrote: »
    Peat moss, briquettes etc.

Or sell it to Tynagh Power station for burning, nearest turf fired power station that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

dubhthach wrote: »
    Or sell it to Tynagh Power station for burning, nearest turf fired power station that I'm aware of.

Nope..... Tynagh is a gas fired Gas Turbine with distillate fuel (Diesel) as back up.

Nearest Peat station would be shannonbridge or lanesbourough...... edenderry burns peat too.

Islanderre

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

islanderre wrote: »
    Nope..... Tynagh is a gas fired Gas Turbine with distillate fuel (Diesel) as back up.

Nearest Peat station would be shannonbridge or lanesbourough...... edenderry burns peat too.

Islanderre

800000 tons of wet peat wont burn, that why they harrow ,windrow the peat befor stacking and covering it in order to dry it
    but they could make some use of it, sher bord na mona export wet peat in bags to some hot country for keeping fruit and veg moist while being transported

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

islanderre wrote: »
    Getting rid of all peat generation nationwide soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So I presume that earthworks on the M17/18 have now begun? At long last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

And this is the scheme website mentioned in the Galway Bay FM report above.

There will be quarterly updates.

http://www.directroutegorttotuam.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

I hope this motorway opens before Feb 18 after this morning's gridlock around tuam its a joke that the n17 was not grited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Crusheen to Gort this morning was very bad, fast lane was practically closed, max speed was 80pkh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Is that roadbridges ,,,what are the rest of the companies doing regarding plant and machinery
    Sisk said theywere hiring some dumpers but no sign yet
    Lagans are getting someone to do the earthworks but still dont know
    It going horrid slow it wont be long till summer is here and they still wont be doing much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

It going horrid slow it wont be long till summer is here and they still wont be doing much
    Well, if you look at their newsletter, you'll see that most of the first quarter of this year is being taken up with:
    • Establish[ing] works compound and associated buildings
    • Removal of ditches, hedgerows, trees and other vegetation along the line of the new road
    • Installation [of] fencing along the project boundary
    • Pre‐Earthworks Drainage ‐ Diverting of existing streams and culverts … to facilitate the commencement of the earthworks for the new road.
    • Early Planting ‐ Planting of new trees, hedging and other vegetation shall take place ahead of the main earthworks under the guidance of the project ecologist in areas identified by the EIS’s for early planting for ecology reasons
    • Utility Diversions ‐ Utilities including water, gas and electricity
    And I have to say that is exactly what I'm seeing whenever I'm looking at any of the sites.

serfboard wrote: »
    Well, if you look at their newsletter, you'll see that most of the first quarter of this year is being taken up with:

And I have to say that is exactly what I'm seeing whenever I'm looking at any of the sites.

Ya dont bring in a 70 ton excavotor for work like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ya dont bring in a 70 ton excavotor for work like that

The first quarter is over at the end of the month.......forward planning?
    Perhaps they need a 70 ton excavator to help divert rivers etc etc

That is Roadbridges. Wait till all the gear arrives, they will make progress like nothing you have seen before. Land is still too wet in most places to let dumpers travel. Haul roads will have to be built, temporary culverts put in etc. most earthworks will be done within 12 months. The slowest part is site prep and the tarring, landscaping , snag list etc.

That is Roadbridges. Wait till all the gear arrives, they will make progress like nothing you have seen before. Land is still too wet in most places to let dumpers travel. Haul roads will have to be built, temporary culverts put in etc. most earthworks will be done within 12 months. The slowest part is site prep and the tarring, landscaping , snag list etc.

Ya thats grand for the part Roadbridge is doning but sisk and lagans have there own bit to do

Sisk will probably do the structural work. Roadbridge will probably do all the earthworks. And lagans will probably look after the tarring and may have a cbm plant on site.

I can see roadbridge giving disk and langans a hand

m17 wrote: »

I thought they were all on there own Roadbridge has there own section and the others the same
    i was chatting to the site agent for sisk and they were hiring in track machines and other plant and getting there own artic dumpers
    Chatting with on of the men in the office for lagans and they havnt selected anyone to do they earthworks
    So if Roadbridge were doing all the earthworks ,i think they would allready know this and not be telling me other stories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

m17 wrote: »

I can't

red bull wrote: »
    I can't

You must know somthing more
    thats what i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

Lagan are proposing a traffic management system on the old Dublin road near mother hubbards from March 29th for 10 months to facilitate the construction of flyover where the roads intersect.

ratracer wrote: »
    Lagan are proposing a traffic management system on the old Dublin road near mother hubbards from March 29th for 10 months to facilitate the construction of flyover where the roads intersect.

Where did you see?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

D Trent wrote: »
    Where did you see?

At work, but I don't know if it's a controlled document so I'm not gonna link it just in case.

At work, but I don't know if it's a controlled document so I'm not gonna link it just in case.

Ah rite fair enough

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

10 months? It's opening this summer.

I see disk have started work on the l3105 a couple of walls knocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

spacetweek wrote: »

What ? Where ?

• Advertisement

spacetweek wrote: »

It must bee sum flyover if is taken 10 months