Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

red bull wrote: »
    What ? Where ?
    Sorry! Thought we were talking about the M11 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Arklow to rathnew opens Aug 15

More plant has landed in corofin Volvo a460s

More plant has landed in corofin Volvo a460s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭hondar

is it Volvo a40s you mean.

Sorry yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Maybe it's for the all ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

No sign of any big earth moving dumpers yet, but there has been five or six large tracked diggers doing a bit of clearance along the route from the end of the current motorway in Gort along by Coole Park in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

m17 wrote: »

This exact date has been confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Sisk did a small talk in GMIT on Tue 10th March and gave an overview of their element of the project which is the middle section.
    They gave the following as their key programme dates:

Fencing: Started Jan 15.
    Earthworks: April 15- April 17
    Structures: April 15 - Dec 16.
    CBM: July 16 -July 17
    Blacktop: Aug 16 - July 17.

I'd post a picture of the slide from the presentation but i cant because i have less than 50 posts on boards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

ELCAT2009 wrote: »
    Sisk did a small talk in GMIT on Tue 10th March and gave an overview of their element of the project which is the middle section.
    They gave the following as their key programme dates:

Fencing: Started Jan 15.
    Earthworks: April 15- April 17
    Structures: April 15 - Dec 16.
    CBM: July 16 -July 17
    Blacktop: Aug 16 - July 17.

I'd post a picture of the slide from the presentation but i cant because i have less than 50 posts on boards :(

Use an external hosting site (cool pics & vids threads reccomend http://wthax.org/) and pm the link to me, I'll embed it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Are they doing the m6 interchange? Looks good if they plan to be done mid 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Yeah Sisk are doing the M6 Interchange. They still mentioned road opening in early 2018 in that talk in GMIT so i dont know what they'll be doing between July 17 and early 2018 apart from some line marking :)

Yeah Sisk are doing the M6 Interchange. They still mentioned road opening in early 2018 in that talk in GMIT so i dont know what they'll be doing between July 17 and early 2018 apart from some line marking :)

Here's your picture:

5xuW8i.jpg

The way it's looking it will be opening by Oct 17

The way it's looking it will be opening by Oct 17

Early 2018 is probably the agreed date for the two M sections to be ready, they will probably not be allowed to open either section individually (for safety reasons of nothing else).

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

antoobrien wrote: »
    Early 2018 is probably the agreed date for the two M sections to be ready, they will probably not be allowed to open either section individually (for safety reasons of nothing else).

What would be the safety issues preventing opening, let say, the stretch from Gort to the current M6?
    I mean if works there were more progressed than on the northern half of the contract. I don't see any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Compound on the monivea rd near laffertys bar looks like it'll be massive.
    Almost all fencing done there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

A lot of the fencing at the Gort end looks complete now. Also noticed this morning that Lagan have an office in Kilcolgan

Geogregor wrote: »
    What would be the safety issues preventing opening, let say, the stretch from Gort to the current M6?

It was suggested before when people were suggesting either the M17 section or the M18 section individually that leaving "ski ramps" would be potentially dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

It was suggested before when people were suggesting either the M17 section or the M18 section individually that leaving "ski ramps" would be potentially dangerous.

That shouldn't be an issue. They can be clearly marked as closed and as a total protection against morons they could dump a few truckloads of sand on them to stop absolute losers to drive on them.
    We use that solution a lot in Poland.

Geogregor wrote: »
    That shouldn't be an issue. They can be clearly marked as closed and as a total protection against morons they could dump a few truckloads of sand on them to stop absolute losers to drive on them.
    We use that solution a lot in Poland.

And there are clear wrong way signs on motorway exits, but people still go the wrong way on motorways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

A situation like the current end of the M18 at Gort would work. This was also used at the end of the Newmarket on Fergus bypass scheme before the Ennis bypass was opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

A situation like the current end of the M18 at Gort would work. This was also used at the end of the Newmarket on Fergus bypass scheme before the Ennis bypass was opened.
    as a reminder, heres what the end of the M18 at Gort looks like
    https://www.google.de/maps/@53.070314,-8.828612,3a,75y,38.23h,79.22t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1smItunsoWksOnDL4FU2t8GA!2e0

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gerobrien25

Have Roadbridge 2 compounds, 1 in Tuam near the West Wing and 1 in Corofin, it also looks pretty big.

The M6 interchange is going to be a 3 tier stacked roundabout, how is that comparible to a LILO?

Have Roadbridge 2 compounds, 1 in Tuam near the West Wing and 1 in Corofin, it also looks pretty big.

Yes the have

• Advertisement

The M6 interchange is going to be a 3 tier stacked roundabout, how is that comparible to a LILO?

If I recall, that stacked roundabout got refused permission

Advertisement