Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,752 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If I recall, that stacked roundabout got refused permission

No, it got permission but the MSA on it got refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Does anyone know of a map showing the proposed route of the motorway?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

antoobrien wrote: »
    The M6 interchange is going to be a 3 tier stacked roundabout, how is that comparible to a LILO?

Simple. You use the same system to stop traffic from going where it shouldn't. Once the interchange is finished you block off the exits that aren't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

eezipc wrote: »

Www.directroutegorttotuam.ie

eezipc wrote: »

www. directroutegorttotuam.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭irishgeo

antoobrien wrote: »
    The M6 interchange is going to be a 3 tier stacked roundabout, how is that comparible to a LILO?

Anybody got plans on how that's going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

irishgeo wrote: »
    Anybody got plans on how that's going to work.
    16679754628_84704ebf18.jpg
    Got this from Galway Co. Co. today, they said detailed design is currently ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Clearance work demolishing stone ditches milltown side of tuam yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

Pete2k wrote: »
    Clearance work demolishing stone ditches milltown side of tuam yesterday

Ya there seems to be great clearience work and fencing going on along the whole site
    But very little large earth mooving going on alot of large machines parked up

There is a lot of fencing to be done form cartymore to annagh hill

• Advertisement

m17 wrote: »
    There is a lot of fencing to be done form cartymore to annagh hill

thats sisk they have made a start at it and have there compound done aswell
    lagans seem to be nowwhere to be seen doing anything or am i not looking in the right places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Roryhy wrote: »
    Got this from Galway Co. Co. today, they said detailed design is currently ongoing.

Its 2015 and we're going with this monstrosity of a design. A partially unrolled cloverleaf would be cheaper, less complicated and would have free flow movement in all directions. And yet we get this rubbish.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

busyatwork wrote: »
    lagans seem to be nowwhere to be seen doing anything or am i not looking in the right places

Any of the work that has been done at the Gort end has Lagan signage on it. So they must be starting this side.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

lagans are the only crowd ive seen doing anything

they are at mother hubbards in moyvilla
    at the old galway Dublin road junction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Its 2015 and we're going with this monstrosity of a design. A partially unrolled cloverleaf would be cheaper, less complicated and would have free flow movement in all directions. And yet we get this rubbish.........

If a petition is started I'll sign it ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Lagans seem to be just as active as the others, clearing ditches etc on the Gort end. Their work seems very obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

D Trent wrote: »
    If a petition is started I'll sign it ......

No point. The design is done and dusted.

More diggers have arrived at the west wing this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

All the topsoil was being scraped off along the route today... milltown side

There is alot of plant and machinery stood up doing nothing are they short of drivers or what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭irishgeo

There is alot of plant and machinery stood up doing nothing are they short of drivers or what

the ground might not be dry enough for it yet. you be complaining if the machines were stuck in the mud as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

They are putting the plant in place for the big dig, getting access route through bog outside Tuam in place, I am led to believe the council will only allow access from N17 for heavy plant. Dump for peat for Tuam bypass still awaiting planning, no point in digging and nowhere to tip it, I guess plant will be wanted in 6 to 8 weeks. Noticed some temporary bridges left beside Grange river, blasting of rock to commence next month/

f2 wrote: »
    They are putting the plant in place for the big dig, getting access route through bog outside Tuam in place, I am led to believe the council will only allow access from N17 for heavy plant. Dump for peat for Tuam bypass still awaiting planning, no point in digging and nowhere to tip it, I guess plant will be wanted in 6 to 8 weeks. Noticed some temporary bridges left beside Grange river, blasting of rock to commence next month/

Ya sure its better to be ready to roll when the weather and planning is in place

Pete2k wrote: »
    All the topsoil was being scraped off along the route today... milltown side

They are also doing the same near corofin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,702 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Roryhy wrote: »

Does this mean it may be being changed?

I see on that drawing they refer to the "proposed N6", it must be an old plan, are they still doing it this way?

Loads of plant in corofin at least 30 machines the have cut open part of the road where the motorway cross and filled with steal and cement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I see on that drawing they refer to the "proposed N6", it must be an old plan, are they still doing it this way?

It's looks like it was taken from the maps on the project website hosted by GCC, they still have the original drawings on it.

m17 wrote: »
    Loads of plant in corofin at least 30 machines the have cut open part of the road where the motorway cross and filled with steal and cement

Great ta see the plant and machinery ready now, all that is needed is the place to dry up and rippin can begin

• Advertisement

Great ta see the plant and machinery ready now, all that is needed is the place to dry up and rippin can begin

I wood say 2 weeks time

Advertisement