Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

Lot of diggers working yesterday evening after Parsons garage.

How many is lots of diggers

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gerobrien25

busyatwork wrote: »
    How many is lots of diggers

A scoop of diggers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

Had a good look around while i was in galway .there is more machines parked up than moving a few dozers and thats it
    It will be another few weeks yet i recon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

busyatwork wrote: »
    id say the ground is wet now and as far as i know they dont like working dumptrucks becaus they distroy the haulroads when wet ...funny how good the weather was and they on hoilidaus

I suppose the best time for the weather to be good this time of year is while they were on holidays. It will take a couple of decent weeks to dry up the ground. Even though the week was good last week I doubt it was dry enough to do anything. This week though after the dry week last week, things are a bit better no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

Around Kiltiernan there is work progressing or re-aligning the existing roads at the overpass sites, I presume this is is to allow for the bridge building.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mhaise

A few then:(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

ratracer wrote: »
    Around Kiltiernan there is work progressing or re-aligning the existing roads at the overpass sites, I presume this is is to allow for the bridge building.

Thats at Mother Hubbards, nothing happening at Kiltiernan yet only site clearance, and diversion of over head power lines.

Czhornet wrote: »
    Thats at Mother Hubbards, nothing happening at Kiltiernan yet only site clearance, and diversion of over head power lines.

Nope! I'm not talking about on the main road, I'm talking about the motorway route not visible from the N18 between Ardrahan and kiltiernan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

ratracer wrote: »
    Nope! I'm not talking about on the main road, I'm talking about the motorway route not visible from the N18 between Ardrahan and kiltiernan

Seen mobile offices this morning at oranmore with langan on the side must be for the kiltiernan compound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

m17 wrote: »
    Seen mobile offices this morning at oranmore with langan on the side must be for the kiltiernan compound

Compound seems to be coming along nicely at Kiltiernan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There were a few bare patches on the route visible leaving Coole park over Easter. Maybe they are for archaeology or ecology, The patches were maybe 20x10 yards

Passed the sisk yard at 7.15 carhymore lads still working scraping of top soil

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Golly gosh! Two Kiltiernans in Ireland with a motorway passing them by!

Who'd have thunk? ;)

Golly gosh! Two Kiltiernans in Ireland with a motorway passing them by!

Who'd have thunk? ;)

Not sure about the Wicklow one, but there is nothing in the Galway one only a National school!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Not sure about the Wicklow one, but there is nothing in the Galway one only a National school!!

Eh...it's not in Wicklow, it's a small village in South Dublin with a petrol station, two churches, a few schools, a pub and a few dozen houses about to be engulfed by suburban sprawl :(

It also has Ireland's only ski-slope!

Anyway..this is seriously off topic :)

I passed a Komatsu 800 (80 tonne) digger on route to the motorway this morning. Some beast of a machine, a few more of these on site and they wont be long moving muck to where its supposed to be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

I passed a Komatsu 800 (80 tonne) digger on route to the motorway this morning. Some beast of a machine, a few more of these on site and they wont be long moving muck to where its supposed to be!!

Where you pass it? Any idea where it was going for, north or south of the project?

A lot more machinery has arrived at Kiltiernan over the past few days

glineli wrote: »
    Where you pass it? Any idea where it was going for, north or south of the project?

At Kiltiernan at 05.10 this morning. it was so wide the undercarriage was the only part on the low loader, the tracks were over hanging the lorry on both sides!

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Someone was saying to me, that Sisk have yet to get any plant etc on site....anyone know more?

• Advertisement

This is the new approach road I was talking about near the Kiltiernan interchange:

E62257ED305A48FB99F48713B4BA7BEB-0000362220-0003752585-00500L-5DAE8291D0FD4CD2B9B8E913F85FA8AF.jpg

Apologies for the rarely seen ball of light in the sky :o
    It is here on the map:

9D0CBBCA41D04B8890F5F8F6D3281BF8-0000362220-0003752584-00640L-7BE07733571C4709A681B37FD3F6CB3D.jpg 'X' marks the spot.

Someone was saying to me, that Sisk have yet to get any plant etc on site....anyone know more?

The hope to have with in next 2 weeks

Wills Bros are have a lot of plant in doing Lagans section. Lagans are primarily surfacing contractors.

Just pasted rathmorrisy they have 2 Volvo a40s moving rock they are also laying access tracks

glineli wrote: »

It's in corofin it's a massive machine

Great work being done by Roadbridge the have started doing bridge on the tuam bypass near the old suger factory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

D Trent wrote: »

Thought Canney would have a little more common sense than this. Construction has started and he is on about a new entrance to the town...stuff of fairies.
    This kind of crap rose its head on the M18 Gort to Crusheen. The earthworks were almost complete and the concillors were bleating on about how an additional entrance could be added at the south of the town even at that late stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

D Trent wrote: »

That exit would be on to the Tuam bypass not on to the motorway ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Ascii wrote: »
    Thought Canney would have a little more common sense than this. Construction has started and he is on about a new entrance to the town...stuff of fairies.
    This kind of crap rose its head on the M18 Gort to Crusheen. The earthworks were almost complete and the concillors were bleating on about how an additional entrance could be added at the south of the town even at that late stage.
    Two possibilities here - either he knows nothing can be done about it now and he's just saying it for the sake of saying it - i.e. Being cynical. Or
    He doesn't know that nothing can be done about it now; he never bothered his arse to do even a cursory check of the design and is therefore now making a fool of himself.

I suspect it's the former since he must know that Tom McHugh called for this a couple of years ago and got nowhere with it.

Advertisement