Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tutorials

Options
  • 06-09-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

I have a tutorial tommorow in one of my modules (maths) but my first lecture isn't until tuesday.

Am i right in thinking a tutorial should really come after a lecture in a module or am i missing the point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Tutorials generally don't start til week 3 or 4 AFAIK, but it might be different for you course, however I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Its defiantely down as being there for all weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Yeah... they usually are. I didn't do arts or science (the two places you might be doing maths), but in my experience nothing has tutorials week one and very few courses have them week two. It takes a while for people to cover enough that you need a tutorial.

Its engineering i'm doing.

For week one i'm down as having a lecture for one of my math modules and the tut in the afternoon but the one i'm talking about is a different math module

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Ah... well... I hear they do work the engineers pretty hard, but I don't reckon there'd be tutorials in week 1.

If you want to be sure, just show up I guess. If it's not on, go hang out about campus, meet some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I did engineering, two years ago. Tutorials didn't start until week 3. You wont have one tomorrow. You can't really have a tutorial if you don't know what your doing!

That would make sense, i'll still turn up anyway because thats just the way i am!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

What about labs, eh? No labs in first week ircc, but what if it specifically says weeks 1,2,3,etc ?

From my 2 lectures so far today it seems tutorials are not on until next week but labs are on if you're reg'd for them

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭IKOS

Chet T16 wrote: »
    From my 2 lectures so far today it seems tutorials are not on until next week but labs are on if you're reg'd for them

a handy way to see your week-to-week schedule is looking for the weekly timetable in SIS. This only shows you your schedule on a weekly basis, you dont need to work out week numbers etc.

Its under Information for Students, Weekly Timetable,
    hth

• Advertisement

IKOS wrote: »
    a handy way to see your week-to-week schedule is looking for the weekly timetable in SIS. This only shows you your schedule on a weekly basis, you dont need to work out week numbers etc.

Its under Information for Students, Weekly Timetable,
    hth

Yeah i knew that already but that shows the tutorials on there.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Yeah i knew that already but that shows the tutorials on there.

oh, okay. When I log-in it shows only the lectures/tutorials for that week, and you click next or previous. I dont know, maybe its a school based thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm a bit confused as well. Practicals for COMP10010 are listed for tomorrow but the first lecture is supposedly Thursday.

And I just realised that they never put me down as for free fees. Gragh rabble, more work to do. :(

Davidius wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused as well. Practicals for COMP10010 are listed for tomorrow but the first lecture is supposedly Thursday.

And I just realised that they never put me down as for free fees. Gragh rabble, more work to do. :(

I dont know why thats happening! I only see the 6 lectures this week, when I click next and jump two weeks I can see the tutorials.

Did you complete your survey section on SIS web, this in part drives your fees. When you select your country of birth and enter your PPS number the system will know what fee type to apply to your account. Just have a look at the Personal Information section and update if necessary. Otherwise, the Student Desk will sort this out pretty quick.

good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

Davidius wrote: »

Comp 10010 is programming if im correct. You might need to go to that lab if you want to get help installing java. Although you could do it yourself and not go to it.

Advertisement