Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Battery Replacement

• 06-09-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a cheap place in Dublin (preferebly around city centre) for wrist watch battery replacement. Couple of my watches are down. Some of the shops in Dublin charge as much as €15-20.

I tried to open the watch to take out the battery myself but without any luck and finally gave up.

Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I am looking for a cheap place in Dublin (preferebly around city centre) for wrist watch battery replacement. Couple of my watches are down. Some of the shops in Dublin charge as much as €15-20.

I tried to open the watch to take out the battery myself but without any luck and finally gave up.

Anyone any suggestions?

I'd wait until you are next going on holidays down the country if I were you. I got mine replaced for €5 last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got 32 watch batteries for €2 in the €2 shops, various sizes. If you can't do it yourself then there is a €2 style shop (lots of things are over €2 in it) on mary street in the city centre. When walking down henry street towards capel street it is on the left near capel street. It has lots of car accessories and does key cutting, and I would imagine the lads in it would be capable of changing a battery as they seem like DIY type guys. I am 99% sure they sell batteries, and if you brought in a batch of watches I would say you would get a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

I bought them online. About 5 for two including delivery.

I'd wait until you are next going on holidays down the country if I were you. I got mine replaced for €5 last week

Where down the country?

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I got 32 watch batteries for €2 in the €2 shops, various sizes. If you can't do it yourself then there is a €2 style shop (lots of things are over €2 in it) on mary street in the city centre. When walking down henry street towards capel street it is on the left near capel street. It has lots of car accessories and does key cutting, and I would imagine the lads in it would be capable of changing a battery as they seem like DIY type guys. I am 99% sure they sell batteries, and if you brought in a batch of watches I would say you would get a good deal.

I think I know the Henry street shop that you are talking about. Will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

boopolo wrote: »
    I bought them online. About 5 for two including delivery.

Where online? Any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭feb09

Where online? Any links?
    ebay

Where online? Any links?

Bought from T2 Enterprises on Pixmania site.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/r/watch-battery

Remember; certain watches (especially Seiko) will need to be re-set after replacement. This is simple to do. You need to get a piece of wire and short out as in this picture http://www.geocities.com/watch_crazy/battery/shortac.jpg

Here is a mini guide on replacement: http://www.geocities.com/watch_crazy/battery/battery.htm
    NOTE: I dont have that tool; and still managed to open the watch.

YW coldfire

Google is my friend :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement