Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to track down a phone?

• 06-09-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I was out last night and, big surprise, lost the phone. It wasn't stolen because I've been ringing it today and it's still switched on and ringing out [I only had about 50 cent credit so I doubt some poor thief is using it for that] and since its ringing out I think it's fair to say I didn't loose it walking home because with the the rain it would've shorted or something... I presume?
    Basically, is there any way I can get Meteor to track down my phone GPS-style seeing as how it's still switched on? I wouldn't even be bothered, but I've got a lot of important things saved on it and it's an absolute head-wreak! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I would very much doubt that this is possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

nope. Its gonegonegone, mourn your loss and move on. Hope the important stuff wasn't naughty pics otherwise whoever finds it gets a nice present!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I was out last night and, big surprise, lost the phone. It wasn't stolen because I've been ringing it today and it's still switched on and ringing out [I only had about 50 cent credit so I doubt some poor thief is using it for that] and since its ringing out I think it's fair to say I didn't loose it walking home because with the the rain it would've shorted or something... I presume?
    Basically, is there any way I can get Meteor to track down my phone GPS-style seeing as how it's still switched on? I wouldn't even be bothered, but I've got a lot of important things saved on it and it's an absolute head-wreak! :confused:

It is possible for mobile networks to track down a handset based on what cell it is currently connected to, or even what cell it was connected to last, but unfortunately mobile networks do not offer a handset tracking service.

Your only hope would be if an honest person finds your handset and hands it in to a Garda station, or calls your mobile network to let them know they found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try ringing the number and seeing if someone answers? Or texting with a contact number offering a reward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

iPhone MobileMe service allows you to track your phone if they haven't reset it or switched it off. I don't know of any other phone that offers that service.

Surprised no one has written an app for Symbian or WM to write its location to a web site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement