Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two stupid questions, please help!!!

Options
  • 06-09-2009 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey, can somebody answer these questions, I am just a bit stressed about these things and kinda want to know whats up before tomorrow

How do I get a locker in UCD? Who do I ask and where do I go? How much does it cost?

How do I print off my laptop in UCD? There are printers in UCD aren't there? How do I print stuff off my laptop using these printers???

Thanks so so much if you can help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michelle.Murphy

Okay I had my orientaion last thursday and friday. Not back in till tuesday woohoo! I in first year vet nursing and we were brought up to the vet science centre to get our lockers at the reception there. It was €15. Now regarding ur laptop printer thing, not too sure about that but you will prob have to get help in the IT section of the college about that.

Michelle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

similarly, if doing general science, you can get a locker in the science hub. Depends on your course as to what lockers you use. Just ask at one of the services desks.

As for the printing, just ask in the Daedalus Building for them to set you up.

Stop worrying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Another question. Does tutorials start on the third week of semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

tutorials generally can't start until you've done some classes and have learnt enough to apply in a tutorial. all will be explained in your lectures this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

re Printing, you have to install client software: the IT Seevices tab on UCD Connect links to instructions. This must be done while on campus - the server is not accessible over the Internet.

Note: you don't need to take your laptop to the IT Desk to get online. Just connect to "WaveLAN Network" and go. For Internet access, use either the automatic connection options, or set manual proxy to proxy.ucd.ie port 8484. I've had this working on Linux, a Windows Mobile phone, and an iPod Touch i.e. it needs no special software to work.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

tutorials generally can't start until you've done some classes and have learnt enough to apply in a tutorial. all will be explained in your lectures this week.

Well, I have a tutorial tomorrow afternoon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

bnt wrote: »
    re Printing, you have to install client software: the IT Seevices tab on UCD Connect links to instructions. This must be done while on campus - the server is not accessible over the Internet.

Note: you don't need to take your laptop to the IT Desk to get online. Just connect to "WaveLAN Network" and go. For Internet access, use either the automatic connection options, or set manual proxy to proxy.ucd.ie port 8484. I've had this working on Linux, a Windows Mobile phone, and an iPod Touch i.e. it needs no special software to work.

If you want to use an ethernet cable, you should go to the IT desk. Believe me I have spent enough time losing connection to WaveLAN in the library to know it is worth the trip! Plus it is faster.

Advertisement