Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion Roll-Call

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

oh im not 100% yet, still playing wow a bit, see how my free time goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

been playin a ranger a little bit but not liking it enough to play at release. prob play a spiritmaster when it goes live

perento > asmo > Paragon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Votan > asmos > suoup (warrior)

I was on the server before it was named as a German one :rolleyes: will probably move over to Perento since yee all are!

Btw I'm fairly new to the MMO scene. Well played WoW for years but stopped about 2 years ago, havent touched an MMO since... now I guess! Impressed with it so decided to prepurchase it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i tried out the ely side, the run up to ascension is a lot quicker and the quests are a little easier

ill be rolling a chanter after trying it out so it will be

perento > ely > Chanter > Jaggeh

so if anyone has a suggestion for guild name ill get that running the first day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

alot of the lads on wow look like they moving to this. Im just apprehensive. I remember most of you posting here saying warhammer and lotr were better then wow and well we saw those results.mite hang on a while and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i guarantee you sire, that Aion is better than Lotr or Warhammer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I thought the way warhammer showed quest areas on the map (red bubble type thing) was far superior to how Aion is doing it, similarly the mouseover a mob and see what quests he relates to bit was handy there too. Of course we've only seen a bit of Aion, it will be interesting to see what the later stuff is like.

<Edit thats not to say WAR is a better game, Aion has some unique bits that should make it a bit different, but lets not get too fanboy about it>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

TheDoc wrote: »
    alot of the lads on wow look like they moving to this. Im just apprehensive. I remember most of you posting here saying warhammer and lotr were better then wow and well we saw those results.mite hang on a while and see what happens.

In its defence lotro remains an excellent game; just not so much if you're into PvP. That side of things is a bit of a mess.
    Certainly you can't compare it to war or conan on the let down stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Telemachus --> Asmodian --> Mory, Sorc
    Guild Forum

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

In its defence lotro remains an excellent game; just not so much if you're into PvP. That side of things is a bit of a mess.
    Certainly you can't compare it to war or conan on the let down stakes.

I must agree lotro pve is pretty damn good.
    I never managed to see endgame pve but i hear its decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Guys
    I just stumbled upon Aion yesterday (just the best way when you dont have to wait impatiently) and am becoming stupidly hyped about it for some reason, however after getting badly burnt by AoC, I'm a little reluctant to jump straight into the game. I want to read up more on classes and mechanics etc, but I'm having difficulty finding really detailed info. Can anyone give me some links to decent official (or unofficial) sites with good info. Most of the ones I've been on have been pretty sketchy.

And is it really that good? :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

SK1979 wrote: »
    Guys
    I just stumbled upon Aion yesterday (just the best way when you dont have to wait impatiently) and am becoming stupidly hyped about it for some reason, however after getting badly burnt by AoC, I'm a little reluctant to jump straight into the game. I want to read up more on classes and mechanics etc, but I'm having difficulty finding really detailed info. Can anyone give me some links to decent official (or unofficial) sites with good info. Most of the ones I've been on have been pretty sketchy.

http://powerwiki.na.aiononline.com/aion has a load of detailed info on the game.

Guys

Yes its that good :)

Heres some links to keep you busy reading :)

http://aion.mmosite.com/
    http://www.aiononlineguides.com/
    http://www.aionfly.com/
    http://www.aionsource.com/
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/aion
    http://www.aiondatabase.com/
    http://aion.mmorpg-life.com/

Ok guys, spent the last day or so gathering info on this and I'm definitely hyped now.

I want to get involved in this pre-selection from tomorrow but have a slight problem. Does anyone know anywhere you can buy the digital download by Laser (as my credit card is maxed :mad::mad:)?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Why are all you newbs playing Asmodian.

This always happens. American servers everyone plays the "light" side cause they wanna be heroes and good guys. European servers, everyone plays the "dark" side cause they wanna be cool and "badass" and don't want to seem like teh ghey.

I'm going to be playing Elyos because I think it will be more fun and challenging to be the underdog. Damn, was really hoping to play with all the Irish lads as well. Oh well, will just have to content myself with smiting your evul asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Ok guys, spent the last day or so gathering info on this and I'm definitely hyped now.

I want to get involved in this pre-selection from tomorrow but have a slight problem. Does anyone know anywhere you can buy the digital download by Laser (as my credit card is maxed :mad::mad:)?

Thanks in advance.

Can't remember if you can use laser or not, but why don't you just transfer cash from your laser to your credit card and then buy the download. It took nearly 5 days for them to charge my Visa so even if it takes a day or two to lodge money to your credit card you should still be fine.

You should probably pay off your credit card before buying any new stuff though.
    Memnoch wrote: »

This always happens. American servers everyone plays the "light" side cause they wanna be heroes and good guys. European servers, everyone plays the "dark" side cause they wanna be cool and "badass" and don't want to seem like teh ghey.

I'm going to be playing Elyos because I think it will be more fun and challenging to be the underdog. Damn, was really hoping to play with all the Irish lads as well. Oh well, will just have to content myself with smiting your evul asses.

Although Asmo is most definitely my first preference, if there are big population imbalances I will probably re-roll to the ghey side.

Thanks for the reply Wreck, I actually did just try the credit card and it was accepted so happy days. Client has been downloaded.

So from today, we can go and create our characters but nothing else? Then we can start proper on sunday? Is that right?

Cheers

PS: You're right about paying off the credit card though, sometimes the hype just takes over though! ;)

So from today, we can go and create our characters but nothing else? Then we can start proper on sunday? Is that right?
    We can create our characters today? Thats handy as i wont be able to login till late on Sunday/early Monday.

Yes Kiith pre-selection is from 20:00 (GMT) this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Memnoch wrote: »

Wow was always the opposite in my experience, all the tard multitudes rolled Alliance and the horde was always in the minority. I always regretted rolling Alliance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

another 30mins to go : -)
    Still not sure what class I'm going to go for.

I would love to roll a sneaky rogue again, but I have a feeling every tom dick and harry is going to roll a assassin.

Always played either rogues, mages might roll a healer this time round, leveled a couple of healers on other mmo's before and liked playing as one of them.

Played on the darkside on all my toons had a shaman on the alliance side in wow before I don't know just feels like there are to many kids playing on ally sides.

For cd keys ect you can buy them of offgamers.com and pay by laser card did it on wednesday at 22:00 had my key by 22:10

Chances of being able to logon in 5mins, 0.0001% imo, the way its going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

On most wow servers the split between A/H is pretty even, both in US (1.1vs1) and EU(1.2vs1) (from wowcensus rather than someone's finger in the air).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

http://twitter.com/aion_ayase

they are having problems, dont hold breath for login

1.2 to 1 is even, interesting definition of even.

i assume we're going into spatalos?

feck that actually. im not gonna go asmodians. played with them in the open beta, thought elyos was more enjoyable.

So, Spatalos or Parento? I created a character on both realms, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Server should be online for the preselect, I have my characters created.

Assassin => Core => Spatalos
    Mage => Summers => Spatalos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Yeah got it workin eventually,

Templar => Kronk => Spatalos
    Cleric => Dabura => Spatalos

I'm gonna stick with Elyos, played them for the beta and enjoyed it

Advertisement