Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion Roll-Call

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

max queue on spatalos today for me was an hour, that was at 3pm. logging in later at 8pm, queue was about 40 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

We have a legion set up, Lapsed Pacifists.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jaymes420

WellyJ wrote: »
    We have a legion set up, Lapsed Pacifists.

how can i find/join?,

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Going to go buy this later on even though i swore id never play another mmo again after getting real addicted to wow and the likes :P

But this one seems different and all ive heard are good things apart from the queues so ill give it a go :D

So what server and race are all you lads playing on?

race: Elyos
    Class: Warrior-Gladiator lvl 13
    Server: Castor.
    Screename: Spearos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

IgsTer wrote: »
    Going to go buy this later on even though i swore id never play another mmo again after getting real addicted to wow and the likes :P

But this one seems different and all ive heard are good things apart from the queues so ill give it a go :D

So what server and race are all you lads playing on?

We have a guild going on Spatalos as Asmodian, good few boardsies involved.
    Website @ http://aion.darkkeep.com/, also have ventrilo.

Dcully wrote: »

i wish i knew that before i started playing on castor lol,

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Sounds good, you can count me in. :)

Just have to get the game now, went into GAME today and they didnt have any copies said they only got 4 copies in and they went. So have to wait till early next week to get my hands on the game now.

IgsTer wrote: »
    Sounds good, you can count me in. :)

Just have to get the game now, went into GAME today and they didnt have any copies said they only got 4 copies in and they went. So have to wait till early next week to get my hands on the game now.

i got my Copy in Game also, but it wasnt on the shelf, had to ask for it, you can downlaod the game for free through the NClancher, so all you really need is a Game time card,..its worth a try,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

WTF is this now? Queues have reached max? "You cannot connect to the server as there are too many users right now"

This is on both Castor and Spatalos if I keep clicking I eventually get a 2hr 45 min queue on BOTH SERVERS.

Absolute joke.

• Advertisement

Jumpy wrote: »
    WTF is this now? Queues have reached max? "You cannot connect to the server as there are too many users right now"

This is on both Castor and Spatalos if I keep clicking I eventually get a 2hr 45 min queue on BOTH SERVERS.

Absolute joke.

Its been like this all week.

Its been like this all week.

thats really weird ive had no trouble getting onto castor the last few days, but then again i game mostly between the hours of 10pm and somewhere into the next morning, but ive had no trouble getting on at night., i did have savage lag problems yesterday though,

just tried now, and got that same message, makes me think again to them idiots who were AFK with their shops up..*grits teeth*,the aiononline site isnt even giving a good enough effort into fixing it, they say on the site, one of the main reasons they didnt add a lot of new servers is because they were afraid by adding new servers too quickly they would be underpopulated and wouldn't deliver a fun experience for players, which is retarded! and makes NO sense!, lot of people are still low level and doing solo quests, instances don't get unlocked until level 25 so in my opinion it wouldn't matter if they were underpopulated, which they wouldn't be anyway, that much you can tell by looking at the rest of the servers during the day,...if we spend our hard earned money we deserve to play, weather the server is underpopulated or not!...ok im done ranting! lol

In fairness Castor didnt have much queues last week.
    I know on spatalos forums a lot were speaking about rerolling there so i guess thats happened aswell as all the nw players since its general release now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

The queues are annoying for sure but I dont see them being changed completely. Its all about supply and demand. Ncsoft are probably right to assume that there will be a drop off in people after the initial few weeks buzz, that will then create too many empty servers, which is probably worse than full servers. Obviously there is balance and they need to get this right, but empty servers equate to screwed economies etc.

Wow was exactly the same when it started, the queues were monstrous, far longer than these ones even. It helps to create a buzz, more demand, people dont get to play as long, therefore dont get bored as quickly. Its cynical and underhanded but it definitely goes on.

I'm still really enjoying the game though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

SK1979 wrote: »
    The queues are annoying for sure but I dont see them being changed completely. Its all about supply and demand. Ncsoft are probably right to assume that there will be a drop off in people after the initial few weeks buzz, that will then create too many empty servers, which is probably worse than full servers. Obviously there is balance and they need to get this right, but empty servers equate to screwed economies etc.

Wow was exactly the same when it started, the queues were monstrous, far longer than these ones even. It helps to create a buzz, more demand, people dont get to play as long, therefore dont get bored as quickly. Its cynical and underhanded but it definitely goes on.

I'm still really enjoying the game though in fairness.

Wow never had queues this long. Not even during the server overcrowding era that happened later on before they brought in Char Transfers.
    They had server expansion to match their rate of growth, admittedly their calculations were off a good bit but nothing like this. NCSoft are familiar with MMO releases, this should not have caught them with their pants down but it did.
    Adding new servers wont help unless they bring in a transfer system. People wont leave their new Legions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Just installed the game and now waiting for the update at 30% now.. Have a questiong. on the box it sayys get 30days free play. does that come automaically or do i have to buy a month then this free month will activate?
    cause i never bought a gamecard because it said free 30days.

You need to make an account and provide payment details.
    You wont be charged unless you stay subscribed after the 30 days.
    This is common practice with this type of service.

thats crap!! i never bought a card there! really bad form now i cant play it until i get a card 2maro! ffs!

thats crap!! i never bought a card there! really bad form now i cant play it until i get a card 2maro! ffs!

they were my exact words when i bought it on friday!!, if you went back a few pages i had the same outburst lol, its bull****, they say you have free 30 days yet in order to use them you have to set up a payment for the next 30 days,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

suppose you want an expired voucher too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Finally got to play a bit over the weekend, queues were really fcuking annoying but I understand why it's probably better this way. I assume they will be increasing the server caps sometime this week as more people move out of the starter zones.

Spatalos - Asmo - Templar - Karsa
    Spatalos - Asmo - Priest (prob chanter) - Laroux

You need to make an account and provide payment details.
    You wont be charged unless you stay subscribed after the 30 days.
    This is common practice with this type of service.

i dont think its right though, people are used to just paying when they want like with warcraft, its ignorant for them to assume everybody has a credit card, and even if they dont, we shouldn't have to buy two game cards every time we wanna sign back up, why not just have 2 month time cards?,

im Just after Coming off a 15 hour Game lol, im fit for my bed!,

Getting bored of it... was hovering over the icon on my desktop and just went and played WoW. Ill come back to it when it dies down.

im not bored of it yet, the campaign quests are keeping me very interested at the moment, plus im playing with some nice people, but im just trying to get up the ranks, ive gone from level 1 to level 21 since friday so the quests are getting good!, but their is just too many people in all areas its hard when your doing grind quests cause everybody else is doing the same thing,

Also, have made a Legion in Castor called Deo Vindice, for anybody on that server whos looking to join a legion, you can PM me, scrrenname Spearos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

hey there,

Is there an overwhelming boards population on a particular server/side?

I'm hopefully going to pick up a copy today and lead my "wow sheep" mates out of their caves if Aion is all its cracked up to be.

I've heard Spatalos and Castor mentioned - I'd lean towards shorter queues but generally a nice guild/legion of boardies to enjoy the content with would be appealing.

Cheers,

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

There's about 15 of us on Castor. Few more coming in the next few days once they get their hands on a copy of the game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Excellent Ivor - that's all I needed to hear.

I presume that you are Elyos, i'm installing as we speak - if you read this drop me your legion leader's nick please :)

Cheers,

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Castor member here! Queues have dropped from over
    2 hours to 10 mins tonight. Hopefully that will get better.

I've no interst in grouping, I prefer to solo until I reach
    the leval cap. But once reached I will keep an eye out
    for the Irish guilds/kins/groups/legions etc.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

What race are people playing on Castor?

Advertisement