Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion Roll-Call

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Memnoch wrote: »
    So if the grind is bothering you, it might be a good idea to unsub now and re-sub once the casual+ patch is in.

Grind isn't a casual / hardcore issue, there's not enough levelling content in the game, and what there is is for bad XP and incredibly repetitive. The game is not fun in it's current incarnation. I don't foresee a bright future for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOTRO = PvE fest, and comparing it to Aion is like comparing an Action movie to a drama. They are different beasts.

I didnt compare them, i simply said wow and lotro are the best mmos out there imo.
    I prefer pve to pvp any day of the week hence why these two are my favourites.

I mentioned warhammer simply because i found its pvp more fun than that of Aion but as you say its not fair to judge it until endgame but i had plenty of pvp in the abyss and tbh it was just meh mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Inquitus wrote: »
    Grind isn't a casual / hardcore issue, there's not enough levelling content in the game, and what there is is for bad XP and incredibly repetitive. The game is not fun in it's current incarnation. I don't foresee a bright future for it.
    Indeed, it's nothing to do with how long it takes to hit level cap, it's to do with what you are doing to get there. Where I am, it actually takes about the same amount of time to level as it does in WoW, it's just that there's far less content to do on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well im finished with this game.

40 euro not well spent.

Very boring, animations are a bit weak, the game cant help but feel and play chunky and clunky

Graphics, for all its hype, were not that great at all.

No interest in keeping this up what so ever, maybe in a few years see what happens, but not for me.

Games where casters and healers can wear plate, usually spells **** end game anyways, rule f thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Casters and healers can wear plate what?

I can't see any similarities between WAR pvp and Aion pvp other than they both have zergfest fortresses. The mechanics and combat are vastly different.
    Flying alone changes all the rules. Not to mention the lack of repeated knockbacks or crazy aoe and the addition of state and chain dependant abilities.

WAR is decent and Aion is decent. Both are very different.

Saying that, my interest in both has been slowly deteriorating. Neither quite fill the gap. I'll be going back to Darkfall in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Hmm still not sure about this game to be honest...

I have leveled a cleric up to level 23 => scrapped the cleric
    Leveled a SM to 18 mind numbing class left him on the burner for now.
    Assassin I have this one at level 28 so far enjoying the class so far, but man what alot of grinding.

The only instance I have done was that NTC one small, crap loot mobs are between 30/40k xp each.
    Boring instance, boring grind, the pvp you can't see the level of the opponents assassin in the air is rubbish.

I will stick it for another while really don't want to play WOW again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

the Aion devs have mentioned yesterday that they are considering x1.5ing exp gained in quests. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

fix that and the unplayable fortress raids may get me interested in it again. i just dont want the grind, end of. the 1.5 exp might help qualm this a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

the Aion devs have mentioned yesterday that they are considering x1.5ing exp gained in quests. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

fix that and the unplayable fortress raids may get me interested in it again. i just dont want the grind, end of. the 1.5 exp might help qualm this a bit.

I remember in closed beta they kept saying "you get more xp in 1.5 and more quests" then i played it live and it was the same only less xp for groups mob's, So il beleave it when i see it if they boost the xp for quest's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Too little too late if they do boost xp,im done with this game.

Advertisement