Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE RnaG Senior Football Championship

Options
  • 06-09-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Semi Final line-up;

St Eunans v Dungloe
    Kilcar v Naomh Conaill

The semi finals are taking place next weekend.

When is the final? Is it the 27th of Sept or the 4th of Oct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Come on Chill Chartha!!

Not sure when the final is fixed for it was in the paper a few weeks ago was looking online there but could not find the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I was told October 4th by a few people.

Eunans the favourites but very lucky to get past Glenfin from what I heard. Conal Dunne may struggle to make the semi-final.

Dungloe doing very well in the league.

I'll be heading up for the final, hard to say who will be in it at this stage, but I would say Eunans v N Conaill.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks guys, just checked with the democrat and its the 4th of Oct. Go on Naomh Conaill!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Dammit Naomh Conaill beat us yesterday but i will certainly support them on the final stages:pac:

Word has it that Naomh Conaill v Chill Chartha is on Saturday??

Think this is a bit unfair on Naomh Conaill after the replay and extra time I know if it was my club I'd be p1ssed off! not 100% sure if this is true but it is doing the rounds down these parts, but with the county board you would not be suprised (not releasing an offical attandance for the Naomh Conaill v Ardara match and playing the replay at 6.15 when there was always a good chance that the games could go to extra time).

• Advertisement

Carrickman wrote: »
    Word has it that Naomh Conaill v Chill Chartha is on Saturday??

Think this is a bit unfair on Naomh Conaill after the replay and extra time I know if it was my club I'd be p1ssed off! not 100% sure if this is true but it is doing the rounds down these parts, but with the county board you would not be suprised (not releasing an offical attandance for the Naomh Conaill v Ardara match and playing the replay at 6.15 when there was always a good chance that the games could go to extra time).

Having the county semi final on the 12th of Sept is a double bummer for Glenties people as this is the biggest day of the year in the town with the Harvest Fair

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

One semi final has been moved to Donegal on Sunday. Cant recall which one.

Raidio Na Gaeltachta Senior Football Championship
    Kilcar v Naomh Conaill Tir Chonaill Park Donegal Town 13/09/2009 15:00 Jimmy White
    Dungloe v St. Eunans MacCumhaill Park 13/09/2009 18:00 Paddy McBride

Senior Reserve Football Championship
    Kilcar v Ardara Tir Chonaill Park Donegal Town 13/09/2009 13:30 Liam Brown
    Glenfin v Dungloe MacCumhaill Park 13/09/2009 16:30 Terence McShea

So its Naomh Conaill versus St Eunans in the final on Oct 4th. Probably the two best teams in the championship this year. Eunans will be favourites but Glenties will put it up to them

Well done to Glenties, Kilcar just dident show up in the second half if they had taken some of the goal chances they could have been 8 or 9 up at half time, the team looked tired in the second half ah well..

• Advertisement
Advertisement