Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee in UCD

Options
  • 06-09-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

where in UCD has the yummiest coffee?? Insomnia coffee I take it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Personally, I like the student cafe coffee, especially at €1.15 each. The "Starbucks" counter in Elements is also OK. I'm about to try carrying my own, in a flask - just ground coffee, hot water & sugar.

Never liked O'Brien's, especially when you ask them for a Filter coffee but they give you an "Americano" (espresso + hot water). Not the same thing at all! :mad:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Student shop beneath the Library, cheapest too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Hi,I dont like obriens coffee either,does the student cafe sell nice cappucinos?I'd say nine one ones coffee is muck too
    Is insomina a proper coffee shop that has the promotions coffee and sambo for a fiver?or just a little counter

I need luxurious coffee equal in taste to the likes of costa coffee or the bald baristas!!!!

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    I need luxurious coffee equal in taste to the likes of costa coffee or the bald baristas!!!!

I'd say you would like the arts cafe coffee in that case, be warned its the most expensive.

• Advertisement

I'd say you would like the arts cafe coffee in that case, be warned its the most expensive.

around 3 euro?

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    around 3 euro?

Yep. Good guesser:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Of the coffees that I have sampled thus far,Insomnia in the Conway Institute stands out by a mile.You cant go wrong with their "any sandwich and any coffee at any time" for a fiver. Starbucks in elements is average and O'briens' isn't that nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

The SU coffee is the best value. IT is very nice and is only 1.15 per cup, making it by far the cheapest coffee anywhere. It tastes different in different SU shops (due to different machines), but the best is the library shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

If you don't find any place you like,you could just bring in some of your own coffee(if you like instant,that is)and get hot water,milk etc from the library shop.That's what I do with tea,it only costs 50 cent so it's a good way to save money too.:)

• Advertisement

If you don't find any place you like,you could just bring in some of your own coffee(if you like instant,that is)and get hot water,milk etc from the library shop.That's what I do with tea,it only costs 50 cent so it's a good way to save money too.:)

Thanks for the replys :)
    I'll give them a try

Advertisement