Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query

Options
  • 06-09-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

If planning for a House was granted in my fathers name, would this effect my (daughter) right to a mortgage for same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

LourdaF wrote: »
    If planning for a House was granted in my fathers name, would this effect my (daughter) right to a mortgage for same?

yes it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

Does anyone have a 'right' to a mortgage?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

D3PO wrote: »
    yes it would.

How? I can get planning for a house as an agent which wouldn't affect my clients and their ability to get a home loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

kearnsr wrote: »
    How? I can get planning for a house as an agent which wouldn't affect my clients and their ability to get a home loan?

The OP's question is can he/she get a mortgage based off somebody else getting planning permission. There is no further detail so you have to take the quesiton at face value and not add what if scenarios in.

My assumption is that the reason his/her father applied for an got planning permission is that the OP was aware they would have their planning application refused if put through themselves due to the local planning guidelines in the location this land is situated in.

The is no mention of his/her father getting planning as an agent and of them buying the land with FPP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

D3PO wrote: »
    The OP's question is can he/she get a mortgage based off somebody else getting planning permission. There is no further detail so you have to take the quesiton at face value and not add what if scenarios in.

My assumption is that the reason his/her father applied for an got planning permission is that the OP was aware they would have their planning application refused if put through themselves due to the local planning guidelines in the location this land is situated in.

The is no mention of his/her father getting planning as an agent and of them buying the land with FPP.

that doesn't answer the question why they can't apply for a mortgage on a scheme the OP applied for planning permission?

PP is specific to the site. If the site is owned by her father it can be transferred to the OP along with PP subject to the relevant revenue stuff. If her father doesn't own the land he can't apply for PP unless given consent of the landowner.

Question is why can't see apply

• Advertisement
Advertisement