Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time

• 06-09-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

thinking of getting about the size of €2 coin,shamrock on the base of my back,not sure if i will get it coloured or just the outline.
    will it hurt?
    how much roughly?
    how long will it take?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Hi Siobhan

Pain is relative and differs from person to person, hurt is probably too strong a word though, it wont not be sore, you will feel it but for the size and time it would take to do it wont be any bother.
    Any artist will charge you the minimum rate, that'll probably be 80 - 100 euro.
    Tattoo the size of a €2 coin would take approx 10 - 15 mins.
    Lastly I would say to you to think long and hard about getting this tattoo on the small of your back, such a small tattoo on that large an area would prob turn out to look like stamp or sticker and just out of place IMO, if you're dead set on the shamrock idea however I suggest picking a smaller surface area such as the wrist / ankle / foot / hip. Hope thats of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

thanks for that Diceicle,the reason i was tinking of my back is I thought it would be minimal pain!
    I think maybe the hip sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭blacon9

For minimal pain just avoid the boniest areas such as ribs or ankle.

To be honest though, it's only 15 minutes of pain for something that will be on you for the rest of your life. Seriously, don't choose size/location based on pain levels. It will sting no matter where you get it but it's really not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭johnfagan

When i got mine its was sore i got my chest done plus im a skinny guy.But all i have to say to you is "Relax" Befour you know it it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

will be in town tomorrow so Im going in to enquire,wanted a tat for ages,oh isnt as keen!
    will let ye know how I het on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement