Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash

Options
  • 06-09-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Just passed bothar na dtreabh there, It sealed off both directions, Alot of gardai etc around it, Lets hope it aint too bad a crash :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Heard a lot of sirens passing by our way so porbably on route to the crash you mention. Certainly seemed to be a lot of action, hopefully it wasn't too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

where is that?

The road leading from The Menlo Park Hotel up to the Tuam Road.

I can see the scene form my place, Emergency services are still there (I can make out about five sets of Sirens/lights).

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

majiktripp wrote: »
    Heard a lot of sirens passing by our way so porbably on route to the crash you mention. Certainly seemed to be a lot of action, hopefully it wasn't too serious.
    where,s that lad,s? hope they be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

where is that?

Between the Menlo Park and Flemmings garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

where is that?

According to Google Maps its the road from Ballybrit roundabout to BriarHill roundabout, the 2 lane dual-carraigeway road which passed Tom Hogan Motors and Petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

According to google maps it's actually the full dual carriageway between the Martin roundabout at Roscam and the Kirwan roundabout at the Headford Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

majiktripp wrote: »
    According to Google Maps its the road from Ballybrit roundabout to BriarHill roundabout, the 2 lane dual-carraigeway road which passed Tom Hogan Motors and Petrol station.

Bóthar na dTreabh runs from Menlo Hotel to Galway Clinic.

I hope there's no fatalities. The section from Menlo hotel to the roundabout at Flemings has a 50km speed limit which nobody adheres to. Of course, we don't know the details of how or why it happened, but this might be enough to make me slow down a bit on it, especially in weather like tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Caz

Hopefully there were no fatalities that's all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

It was open again by midnight no word on what happened though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Tzetze wrote: »
    Bóthar na dTreabh runs from Menlo Hotel to Galway Clinic.

Is thaqt the N6 ???

http://www.galwaynews.ie/8715-two-men-injured-4-car-pile-city-dual-carriageway
    Mon 7th September 2009
    Two people were hospitalised following a road traffic crash involving four cars in the city last evening.

The incident happened when the four cars collided on the Bothar na dTreabh eastern bypass just past the Kirwan roundabout around 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hope they make a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Driving conditions were not great at all yesterday.

Hope they make a quick recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Just to point out (for anyone who isn't familiar with the road), it's not a Dual Carriageway as reported by Galway News. It's a single carriageway 4 lane road (2 lanes in each direction). There is no physical barrier separating the 2 different directions, just a solid white line.

Lazy reporting from Galway News..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

KevR wrote: »
    Just to point out (for anyone who isn't familiar with the road), it's not a Dual Carriageway as reported by Galway News. It's a single carriageway 4 lane road (2 lanes in each direction). There is no physical barrier separating the 2 different directions, just a solid white line.

Lazy reporting from Galway News..

Which road it that, is the the N6 from headford road to the tuam road ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Which road it that, is the the N6 from headford road to the tuam road ?

Yes.

Advertisement