Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Alterations

• 06-09-2009 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tailors/alterations service in town?

I need a pair of jeans taken up properly but don't fancy paying half the cost of the jeans for it.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

That crowd up on Newgate street done a good job on a pants for me before,think it was only a tenner,cant think of their name,sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if yer near hillview drop em into me mother and she will do them for ya. Ya can have a cup of tea while your waiting. She always does it for mates. Im sure she wont mind doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

seanybiker wrote: »
    if yer near hillview drop em into me mother and she will do them for ya. Ya can have a cup of tea while your waiting. She always does it for mates. Im sure she wont mind doing it.

Thats whats good about Waterford right there lol.. Thanks Seany but I think I'm sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

Bit late I know but I got a suit tailored in the place on Parnell St. Top notch work and a reasonable price.

Got sorted at the top of Newgate street! €10. Great service and no messin. Cheers for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Trotter wrote: »
    Got sorted at the top of Newgate street! €10. Great service and no messin. Cheers for the help!

That's Gee Kees is it?

I think thats the name of it yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I think thats the name of it yeah!

Is it not the Singer sewing place? I dropped a top in there this morning that needs a new zip and was told the guy who does the alterations calls in every Tuesday!

gscully wrote: »
    Is it not the Singer sewing place? I dropped a top in there this morning that needs a new zip and was told the guy who does the alterations calls in every Tuesday!

There's two places there that I found out about. The singer sewing place and the other one up the road. Both are good but yeah, the chap in the Singer place is only there on Tuesdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

There's two places there that I found out about. The singer sewing place and the other one up the road. Both are good but yeah, the chap in the Singer place is only there on Tuesdays.

Thanks! I'm not in a rush for the top anyway...it'll take me another few miles hard labour before I can wear it again ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement